SeaDrive 3.0.3 is released!

What do you mean by breaking links?

Resync is creating a new folder with a different name.
If you used the folder in a path, the path is therefore broken after a resync.

User usualy create shortcuts links to acces there frequently used folder on the seafile.

Windows links refer to seadrive path with something like :
c:\user\<username>\seadrive_root\<seafile_username>\rest\of\the\path
After resync, the folder <seafile_username> is not the one used before, earch resynch create a new folder <seafile_username>_1 , <seafile_username>_1_2, <seafile_username>_1_2_3 etc, so all shortcut links are broken.

Re-syncing is only used when you have a sync issue that cannot be solved by other means. Some previously met placeholders issues are caused by bugs in older version. Some others are mentioned in this FAQ (with solutions): Seafile FAQ & Known-Issues Usually you should try to fix the placeholder issues manually first.

SeaDrive cannot delete the existing sync root folder and create the same. This is unsafe with Windows Cloud Files API. So we choose to sync to a new folder.

On MacOS 11.7.8 I get a message please start Seadrive in Finder, but there is no button to start it with and under the symbol it says starting but nothing happens. Also, I get no available options in the option menu. should I downgrade to an earlier version, or is there a fix?

Do you see an entry in the Finder pane like the below? Just click it and SeaDrive extension will be started.
截屏2023-07-14 14.18.44

Yes there is but nothing happens when i click on it

In this case you can check your seadrive.log and seadrive-gui.log to find some error messages.

The thumbnail feature is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Since it fetches the thumbnails from the webui, is there a way to pre-generate these and how long are they cached for?

Lastly - do you think video thumbnails will be realized as well?

The thumbnail cache is controlled by system. It reuses the same thumbnail until the image file is updated. Video thumbnail is costly on the server side so we don’t plan to add it.