Seafevents constantly restarting - link in manual not valid

I have an issue where seafevents is trying to restart in a loop because the pid file can’t be found. While googling I’ve stumbled upon the faq in the manual which links to a file ending with /423d5d6301/ where I’m supposed to get some instructions on how to start the service manually, but the link leads nowhere for me (404). Can you post the instructions here?

10/19/19 21:09:29] seafile-controller.c(102): spawned /usr/bin/python2.7, pid 9361
[10/19/19 21:09:39] seafile-controller.c(590): pid file /seafile/pids/seafevents.pid does not exist
[10/19/19 21:09:39] seafile-controller.c(616): seafevents need restart…
[10/19/19 21:09:39] seafile-controller.c(87): spawn_process: /usr/bin/python2.7 -m seafevents.main --config-file /seafile/conf/seafevents.conf --logfile /seafile/logs/seafevents.log -P /seafile/pids/seafevents.pid
[10/19/19 21:09:39] seafile-controller.c(102): spawned /usr/bin/python2.7, pid 9419

did you check if the file exists or folder/file is writeable?

I did. It doesn’t exist and the folder permissions seem to be right. Same thing with the log file. I’ve also checked the /proc folder and can’t find the process there either

Hi emseK,

here is the instruction to start seafevents manually. /opt/seafile may be different at your server.

Best regards
Christoph

dd environment variables:

cd /opt/seafile
export TOPDIR=$(pwd)
export INSTALLPATH=${TOPDIR}/seafile-server-latest
export CCNET_CONF_DIR=${TOPDIR}/ccnet
export SEAFILE_CONF_DIR=${TOPDIR}/conf
export SEAFILE_CENTRAL_CONF_DIR=${TOPDIR}/conf
export SEAFES_DIR=${INSTALLPATH}/pro/python/seafes
export SEAHUB_DIR=${INSTALLPATH}/seahub
export PYTHONPATH=${INSTALLPATH}/seafile/lib/python2.7/site-packages:${INSTALLPATH}/seafile/lib64/python2.7/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH/
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:${INSTALLPATH}/pro/python/
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:${INSTALLPATH}/seahub-extra/
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:${INSTALLPATH}/seahub/thirdpart/
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:${INSTALLPATH}/seahub-extra/thirdparts

Start seafevents:

$(which python2.7) -m seafevents.main --config-file $SEAFILE_CONF_DIR/seafevents.conf --logfile $TOPDIR/logs/seafevents.log -P $TOPDIR/pids/seafevents.pid