Seafile 6.2.3 drops PostgreSQL support seafile fails to start

Just upgrade my Seafile Server CE 6.2.2 to 6.2.3 and guess what… it fails to start because…

./seafile.sh start

[11/30/17 16:24:12] …/common/session.c(132): using config file /home/seafile/conf/ccnet.conf
[11/30/17 16:24:12] server-session.c(271): Unknown database type: pgsql.
[11/30/17 16:24:12] server-session.c(78): Failed to load database config.
failed to run “ccnet-server -t”

From my reading of the changelog there was no mention of this being done. While seafile officially dropped support for PostgreSQL around the version 3, the binaries have been compatible, so it has worked. In fact, we have been maintaining it.

To drop this into a bug fix release with no mention in the changelog is a bit odd for openness and transparency. The least I would have expected was a deprecation warning message and removal on a major release upgrade rather than bug fix.

This is a bug, it will be fixed in the next release.

As I wrote in the release note for 6.2.3, we package new versions start from 6.2.3 with a new CentOS 7 machine instead of the old CentOS 6 machine, which may introduce some problems.

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the quick response and assurance that it will be addressed in the next release.

While you´re looking at the issue you could also check and fix it in regard of 6.2.2 Pro (common one, not the Ubuntu version) as it lacks Postgres support too.
Thank you.

The community edition is designed to be work with Postgre. The pro edition is not.