Seafile client 6.0.7 is ready! A few important improvements

This version comes with a few improvements we done in the last two months. Here is the changelog:

• [fix] Fix auto-completion in sharing dialog
  • Show contact avatars in auto-completion of sharing dialog
  • [fix] Fix mis-leading error message when uploading a file to a read-only library via cloud file browser
  • Add highlight background color when drag and drop a file/folder to a library
  • [fix] Fix connection error in libcurl
  • [fix] Fix sorting by time in cloud file browser
  • [fix] Fix sorting by name case sensitive in cloud file browser
  • [fix] Fix drag more than one folder to cloud file browser
  • Add loading more in activity tab and search tab
  • “View sync error” can only be clicked when there are sync errors
  • Move seafile.log, applet.log to seafile.log.old, applet.log.old if they become too large
  • Remove the “?” icon in creating new folder dialog title bar

In the last version 6.0.6, we added auto-upgrade at the client side. The user don’t need to go to the web site to download the client manually. Thus, we think it is not necessary to maintain a special version for university users with Shibboleth support for the reason of reducing package size. Now, we only provide one version for all users.

5 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This version has added something strange in the ‘server status’ window: In addition to the connected servers it shows now a new connection with “localhost” - and red flagged as not connected. Does not make too much sense, or?

I don’t have that, must be an error on your system.

Easy said - did not had this in 6.0.6 - so something new was added in 6.0.7. which looks into ‘local host’. I did restart the client few times. When the client starts it shows only my normal connections. Then after 10s or so the ‘localhost’ line is added. I’m running Windows 10 Enterprise, Build 10586 - in case somebody is experience the same strange behavior.

1 Like

Maybe the “localhost” status comes from this error message shown in the applet.log:

[api] network error for http://localhost:8000/media/avatars/8/6/b44e352cee382b65074d12a29c7476/resized/42/ec993177792ffba719b21fe0796d20ad.png: Connection refused

And it’s true that I don’t see my avatar picture.

When using internet browser the avatar picture is shown - so should not be an access issue on the server side.

Any idea?

1 Like

Thanks for the new version. I guess the auto-upgrade applies only to Windows, doesn’t it?

I think it works for Mac as well.

New version works fine.
Only 1 problem…

When I search for a file and edit this from the search results, I get failed to upload.
I think this is a new problem, do you have this too?

I don’t have this kind of problem. Does it happen to all files?

Yes, docx files for example after saving a new change in Word.
But only when I search, not directly when browsing into the files.

You can try it out by uploading a docx or xls search for it in the client and edit it local.

Edit: tried older clients, so it is not related to the client.
I’m currently using the latest seafile-pro ubuntu version with nginx: status code 500 appears in the client log when editting a file from the search results.

Client logging:
[06/25/17 09:52:53][AutoUpdateManager] failed to upload new version of file XX//Files/test.docx
[06/25/17 09:58:23]request failed for XX/seafhttp/update-api/XX-XX-XX-XX-XX: status code 500

This issue is new for me… When changing files in the searchmenu I get Error 500 with the Ubuntu suffix Seafile Pro version.

Error log on server is empty.

Is the addition of complete QT5webkit library set necessary?
Seafile client has more than doubled the memory usage on my Win10 x64 box (20 MB on 6.0.6, 43 MB on 6.0.7).
I’m trying hard to keep the memory footprint of always-running apps to a minimum - any way of reducing it?

It’s likely needed for shibboleth.

If 40 MB of memory is a big deal to you, it’s time to buy more memory. It’s 2017 not 1997 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I receive this logs in applet.log with the new version under macOS:

[06/25/17 21:28:03]trying to connect to ccnet daemon...

[06/25/17 21:28:03]connected to ccnet daemon

[06/25/17 21:28:03]starting seaf-daemon:  ("-c", "/Users/user/.ccnet", "-d", "/Users/user/Seafile/.seafile-data", "-w", "/Users/user/Seafile")
[06/25/17 21:28:04][Rpc Client] connected to daemon
[06/25/17 21:28:04][Rpc Client] connected to daemon
[06/25/17 21:28:04][MessageListener] connected to daemon
[06/25/17 21:28:05]Unable to get config value download_limit: Config not exists
[06/25/17 21:28:05]Unable to get config value upload_limit: Config not exists
[06/25/17 21:28:05]Starting the network status detector
[06/25/17 21:28:05]QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::stateChanged(QNetworkSession::State) to QNetworkReplyHttpImpl::_q_networkSessionStateChanged(QNetworkSession::State)
[06/25/17 21:28:05]QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::stateChanged(QNetworkSession::State) to QNetworkReplyHttpImpl::_q_networkSessionStateChanged(QNetworkSession::State)
[06/25/17 21:28:05][Rpc Client] connected to daemon
[06/25/17 21:28:05]setDockIconStyle show failure, status code: -50

[06/25/17 21:28:05][Rpc Client] connected to daemon
[06/25/17 21:28:06]QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::stateChanged(QNetworkSession::State) to QNetworkReplyHttpImpl::_q_networkSessionStateChanged(QNetworkSession::State)
[06/25/17 21:28:06]QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::stateChanged(QNetworkSession::State) to QNetworkReplyHttpImpl::_q_networkSessionStateChanged(QNetworkSession::State)

This kind of thinking results in programs such as Skype bloating up to hundreds MB of RAM. Maybe someone wants to run Seafile clients on embedded systems (routers, Raspberry PIs), where memory is a precious commodity. You want to exclude those?

Good point, but the increase of RAM only happens on windows, and I guess not many embedded systems are using windows ,right? :slight_smile: