Seafile client does not start under linux anymore (elementary os = ubuntu 16.04 derivate)

I update seafile from this ppa:

http://ppa.launchpad.net/seafile/seafile-client/ubuntuxenial/main

And the ppa says the package is
6.2.9-2~1512~ubuntu16.04.1

so I think I am currently on 6.2.9 client as well. Although not an official ubuntu repository the ppa is maintained by the seafile team so I think it should be alway current and trustable.

I’m on bionic.

Until today I did not found a solution for the Seafile Client to work again on Linux. I had to switch to Nextcloud. Today I finally found a work around that also maybe will help others. It seems that although when deinstalling the client with apt-get purge various configuration files persists. I manually deleted ~/.ccnet/seafile.ini After that at least the Seafile Desktop Client showed a window to ask where the seafile base folder should be located. I tried to direct the client to the old folder. Which ended up in an error message “error while initializing the seafile client”. I tried to create a totally new folder with the same result. Finally I accepted in a third attempt the default location in home/user/Seafile and this time Seafile Client started. I had to (and could) declare for each folder I want to sync the old location on my HDD so it had not to resync everything.
The only difference between the home/user/ folder and the original folder where Seafile worked fine for years is that the home/user folder is on my system disk and the other location on an internal hdd that is formated in NTFS and connected via Paragon ufsd driver (I have a dual boot system and store almost all data on that hdd so I can also access data with WIN 10). This worked as stated before good until 2018 and the Client still syncs to this hdd partition without problems (so read-write permissions are not the problem). Its misterious and unfortunately on the system partion I do not have much space, so I would prefer to have the whole Seafile stuff on the other disk.