Seafile Client (GUI or CLI) Debian 9 - repository not working

Hi,

I am trying to install seaf-cli on Debian 9.6, but the repository is not working properly. I follow the instructions in the manual.

Basically running:

1. sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp:// keyserver . ubuntu . com : 80 --recv-keys 8756C4F765C9AC3CB6B85D62379CE192D401AB61
  2. echo deb http: // deb . seadrive . org stretch main | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/seafile.list
  3. apt-get update

I then get this:

W: The repository ‘h t t p : / / deb . seadrive . org stretch Release’ is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can’t be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
E: Failed to fetch h t t p : / / deb . seadrive . org/dists/stretch/main/binary-amd64/Packages 401 Unauthorized
E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Trying to curl the site I get this:

curl -I http :// deb . seadrive . org/dists/jessie/main/binary-amd64/Packages
HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 18:27:31 GMT
Content-Length: 0
Connection: keep-alive
Set-Cookie: __cfduid=d884530fde7e305d39bfda445bf751ea41549477651; expires=Thu, 06-Feb-20 18:27:31 GMT; path=/; domain=. seadrive . org; HttpOnly
WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm=“Sling (Development)”
CF-Cache-Status: MISS
Server: cloudflare
CF-RAY: 4a4fabd83517c2d3-FRA

Can someone help me install seaf-cli or get the repository to work for Debian 9?

The devs seem incapable of setting up servers properly as this is not the first time the repositories fail.
I don’t get how they still think they catch customers that think seriously about using Seafile for their company with this many problems it causes.

Was the redirection issue seen last time?

Debian provides seafile-cli in stretch-backports. That is quite convenient to install:

But you should make sure to remove the other sources.list entry beforehand. They might collide.

1 Like

@schlarbm @Bernie_O thanks a lot both! It works!

1 Like