Seafile drive client is ready for Ubuntu and Debian

Hi Daniel,

for both @scheff and me, the SeaDrive Client only works for the actual first time we run it.
All successive runs fail with:

SeaDrive exited unexpectedly

And the console output is

fusermount: failed to chdir to /uni-mainz.de/homes/schlarbm: Permission denied
fusermount: failed to chdir to /uni-mainz.de/homes/schlarbm: Permission denied

(seadrive-gui:19057): Searpc-WARNING **: pipe client failed to connect to server: Connection refused

In seadrive-gui-log:

[10.04.2017 12:44:08] loaded 0 accounts
[10.04.2017 12:44:08] seadrive gui started
[10.04.2017 12:44:08] starting seadrive daemon: seadrive "-d" "/uni-mainz.de/homes/schlarbm/.seadrive/data" "-l" "/uni-mainz.de/homes/schlarbm/.seadrive/logs/seadrive.log" "-f" "/uni-mainz.de/homes/schlarbm/SeaDrive"
[10.04.2017 12:44:09] Seadrive daemon process exited normally with code 0 
[10.04.2017 12:44:09] Exiting with error: SeaDrive exited unexpectedly
[10.04.2017 12:44:10] seadrive rpc is not ready after 0 retry, abort
[10.04.2017 12:44:10] Exiting with error: SeaDrive failed to initialize
[10.04.2017 12:44:12] seadrive rpc is not ready after 0 retry, abort
[10.04.2017 12:44:12] Exiting with error: SeaDrive failed to initialize

Could it be because our home directories are mounted via NFS (with Kerberos) - if that would be the case - is there a way to change the SeaDrive folder path?

Best regards,
Moritz

Hmm… We haven’t thought about this situation. We’ll add this ability. At the moment perhaps you can try the cli way first? It’s not much different from the GUI way since almost all functions are in the drive.

When I start seadrive-gui from a shell where I set $HOME to a different path it seems to work fine and is restartable.

Could you maybe think about fusermounting the SeaDrive folder to /run/user/<uid>/?
At least, that’s where the Gnome desktop mounts remote file systems when using gvfs through the Nautilus file manager!

You can also use the env variable SEADRIVE_FUSE_OPTS to pass standard FUSE options to seadrive.

For example, if you set SEADRIVE_FUSE_OPTS=/tmp/seadrive then start seadrive-gui, it’ll use /tmp/seadrive as mount point.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

can you help me find the Git repository for seadrive-daemon?
I can only find the seadrive-gui project on GitHub!

Best wishes,
Moritz

Hi,

The drive client is not open sourced at the moment.

Oh, that’s sad.
Are you planning on open sourcing it some time?

2 Likes

We don’t have specific plan currently. We’ll leave it later.

Hi,

Seadrive is working flawlessly on my headless linux server. I do have a question though.

Does seadrive honour all the fuse options? in particular allow_other would be useful to me. If it does honour them how do I access them? I tried various spells around SEADRIVE_FUSE_OPTS without success.

Regards
John

Well, it seems I’m an idiot. use the -o option on the command line as per the hint in “seadrive -h”.

John

Is there a way to mount this using fstab?

I’m not sure whether it can be done with fstab. There is a discussion on stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1554178/how-to-register-fuse-filesystem-type-with-mount8-and-fstab. But seadrive requires the ‘-f’ option (don’t run as daemon). I don’t know whether it’s possible to set this option in fstab. Let me know if you make it work.

So you can’t run it without the -f?

in your bash script would this do it?

seadrive -c ~/seadrive.conf -f -d ~/data-dir ~/mounted-dir & disown

Regards

Yes the -f option is mandatory. That’s due to some implementation limitation that we cannot go to daemon mode (which requires forking).

Hi Daniel,

Are there any plans on releasing the drive client for Fedora? Since it’s not open-sourced, I cannot build it myself.

We are working on it already. Probably the Fedora client will be ready this month.

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

as Seafile Drive isn’t open source yet, would you mind releasing a Raspberry version?

Thanks,
Viktor

I’m sorry we don’t have such a plan yet.