Seafile-ignore.txt: character ~ not recognized

Hi,

I would like to exclude all files starting with a ~ from syncing. So I created the following entriy in the seafile-ignore.txt:

~*

Other entries - including *~, i.e. all files ending with ~ - in the file are properly recognized, but the one above not.

Any hints?

Best regards

Thomas

I guess you should have *~* instead of just ~*, if you want to ignore files not in the library root.

Hi Jonathan,

thank you for your reply, ~ actually works, but it’s scope may be a little bit too wide, because it also excludes all files in all directories with names that contain the ~ character. Ir might be necessary to use two expressions:

~*
/~

The first to exclude files in the upper most directory, the second one for files in subdirectories.

When reading the documentation, I misread the instructions. I thought that expressions without a / are matched only against the file names without the path and that the / is necessary indicate that the path should be checked, too. It might be a good idea to complement the documentation; at least to mention that wildcards matches the / character, too.

Best regards

Thomas