Seafile Pro 6.0.9: SearpcError: cannot find function get_org_repo_owner

After updating from Seafile Pro Server 6.0.8 to 6.0.9 browsing libraries (from admin panel) is no longer possible due to error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/some.server.com/seafile-pro-server-6.0.9/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/core/handlers/base.py”, line 132, in get_response
response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
File “/usr/local/some.server.com/seafile-pro-server-6.0.9/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/views/decorators/csrf.py”, line 58, in wrapped_view
return view_func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/some.server.com/seafile-pro-server-6.0.9/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/views/generic/base.py”, line 71, in view
return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/some.server.com/seafile-pro-server-6.0.9/seahub/thirdpart/djangorestframework-3.3.2-py2.7.egg/rest_framework/views.py”, line 466, in dispatch
response = self.handle_exception(exc)
File “/usr/local/some.server.com/seafile-pro-server-6.0.9/seahub/thirdpart/djangorestframework-3.3.2-py2.7.egg/rest_framework/views.py”, line 463, in dispatch
response = handler(request, *args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/some.server.com/seafile-pro-server-6.0.9/seahub/seahub/api2/endpoints/admin/libraries.py”, line 127, in get
repo_info = get_repo_info(repo)
File “/usr/local/some.server.com/seafile-pro-server-6.0.9/seahub/seahub/api2/endpoints/admin/libraries.py”, line 33, in get_repo_info
org_repo_owner = seafile_api.get_org_repo_owner(repo.repo_id)
File “/usr/local/some.server.com/seafile-pro-server-6.0.9/seafile/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/seaserv/api.py”, line 787, in get_org_repo_owner
return seafserv_threaded_rpc.get_org_repo_owner(repo_id)
File “/usr/local/some.server.com/seafile-pro-server-6.0.9/seafile/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pysearpc/client.py”, line 112, in newfunc
return fret(ret_str)
File “/usr/local/some.server.com/seafile-pro-server-6.0.9/seafile/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pysearpc/client.py”, line 25, in _fret_string
raise SearpcError(dicts[‘err_msg’])
SearpcError: cannot find function get_org_repo_owner.

I guess you have you enabled Organizations features before, and disabled it now.

For now the only solution is enable it again by

1. add the following in seafile.conf
[general]
cloud_mode = true
multi_tenancy = true
  1. add the following in seahub_settings.py
CLOUD_MODE = True
MULTI_TENANCY = True

I have added that to config and now it works again. Thing is that i have not enabled organizations before so something must been changed in defaults between 6.0.8 and 6.0.9

Thank You.

Glad to hear it works again, and we will fix this little bug in the next release.

We have just released 6.0.10 pro version, fixed this stupid bug I made in 6.0.9.

You can remove the settings I mentioned above and test it again after you update to 6.0.10.

Best regards.

I have updated and it does resolve original issue but there seems to be regression as after update Two-Factor Auth stopped working and is no longer available in settings in Admin panel. Should i report that issue in separate topic?

Note: I have “ENABLE_TWO_FACTOR_AUTH = True” in seahub_settings.py and it was working before.

yep, i confirm that after updating to 6.0.10 two factor auth is gone, no matter what i set. This is kid a bummer, any idea?

two factor auth is definitely gone in V6.0.10

I have created separate topic, to track this issue and not mix with previous one. Here it is: Seafile Pro 6.0.10: Two Factor auth no longer working after upgrade

any news, this is quire serious issue.