SeaFile Pro 8 through docker

We’re using SeaFile Pro through docker, I’ve just updated our server version, it seems though that when I pull the latest docker image (docker. seadrive. org/seafileltd/seafile-pro-mc:latest), I get 7.1.14, I don’t get an 8.x version.

Is the 8.x version not yet available through docker?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hello,

If you check https://docker.seadrive.org, 7.1.14 is indeed the latest version of Pro. Perhaps someone from development can chime in on timing for a 8.x Pro docker version?

Thanks
Ray

3 Likes

very interested too, I don’t want to setup seafile 7 now only to have to upgrade a few weeks later.

1 Like

Same Question here: is there a delivery date schedule for dockerized seafile 8.x pro ?

You can actually get 8.0.2 via docker but that is the latest – for some reason the most current builds are not available via docker. You are correct that the latest tag is attached to an older version so you have to specify manually:

docker pull docker.seadrive.org/seafileltd/seafile-pro-mc:8.0.2

If you want to check the latest versions available (since they are not tagged correctly), you can follow these steps:

1. Get your PRO docker username (seafile) and password from your customer hub portal
  2. Go to https://docker.seadrive.org and login to the Harbor instance with the same credentials you use when downloading docker images (what you got in step 1)
  3. Under projects, click on “seafileltd” then “seafileltd/seafile-pro-mc”
  4. This will show a list of all tags for seafile pro, click twice on the ‘Tag’ heading to sort from newest-oldest
  5. You will see the ‘latest’ tag and then ‘8.0.2’ right under that. Note the creation times – this is how you know ‘latest’ is NOT the latest.

Hope this helps, took me a while to find this. Really wish it was documented somewhere, but hopefully people see this post and find a little guidance.

Given the lack of regular updates for docker, I’d be grateful of any steps/guides to compile my own.

I just emailed this to Seafile support. Hope they fix it soon.

1 Like