Seafile server 6.2.4 is ready! A few fixes

OnlyOffice token implementation?

1 Like

Did you fix the memecached bug that was introduced in 6.2.3?

1 Like

PostgreSQL works now. Thanks!

Which memcached bug?

I’m sorry the developer responsible for this feature didn’t have the time to finish it yet. As there are some fixes need to be published, we can’t wait for the feature. So it is delayed to the next release.

We did discuses it in the 6.2.3 rls thread.

And @lian did reproduce the issue.

The fix for the bug is:
If your running 6.2.3 you need to do a fix before using memcached

Before your doing the changes you need to stop Seafile.

cd /opt/nohatech/seafile-server-latest/
./seafile.sh stop
./seahub.sh stop

Then you need to some changes in this file.

nano /opt/nohatech/seafile-server-latest/runtime/seahub.conf

And then you need to add this line.

threads = 5

End of the bugfix

This is no longer a problem as we make thread mode as the default mode.

Ok, So then I can delete this line from the seahub.conf?
threads = 5

And the manual is “slappy” written for this kind of updates.
https://manual.seafile.com/deploy/upgrade.html

I guess that you should run the upgrade/minor-upgrade.sh from the folder “6.2.4” and not the version 6.2.3

Edit:
I did write a better one, I hope it helps someone.
https://nohatech.se/how-to-upgrade-maintenance-seafile/

1 Like

No, the bug are not fixed, from seahub.log

2018-01-17 11:14:36,952 [ERROR] django.pylibmc:132 get MemcachedError: error 26 from memcached_get(:1:CUR_TOPINFO): Broken pipe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django_pylibmc/memcached.py", line 130, in get
    return super(PyLibMCCache, self).get(key, default, version)
  File "/opt/nohatech/seafile-server-6.2.4/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.18-py2.7.egg/django/core/cache/backends/memcached.py", line 84, in get
    val = self._cache.get(key)
Error: error 26 from memcached_get(:1:CUR_TOPINFO): Broken pipe
2018-01-17 11:14:36,989 [ERROR] django.pylibmc:132 get MemcachedError: error 26 from memcached_get(:1:CUR_TOPINFO): Broken pipe
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django_pylibmc/memcached.py", line 130, in get
  File "/opt/nohatech/seafile-server-6.2.4/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.18-py2.7.egg/django/core/cache/backends/memcached.py", line 84, in get
Error: error 26 from memcached_get(:1:CUR_TOPINFO): Broken pipe
2018-01-17 11:14:37,422 [ERROR] django.pylibmc:132 get MemcachedError: error 26 from memcached_get(:1:throttle_user_1): Broken pipe
Error: error 26 from memcached_get(:1:throttle_user_1): Broken pipe

The file is automatically being overwritten by an update.

The manual did always describe how an update works in general. Changing the file for any minor version is not necessary.

Specific update steps for a version only need to be there in case anything which is not part of the standard procedure is part of the update.

What I did mean was that they have trough the version no around not that it’s the same that the newest release.
In the guide they are writing a example 5.1.2 to 5.1.3 but they are writing 5.1.2 in all the example code.

Take a look at it and you will see, and also they are writing that you should run the script from the old folder and that’s incorrect you should run it from the new folder.

+1
to clarify: the manual states that when your upgrading from e.g. 5.1.2 to 5.1.3, you should use the update script in the 5.1.2 folder, which is wrong. should be 5.1.3 there

1 Like

Thanks for adding “remember this device”. I closed the corresponding issue.

However:
When remembering devices, I’d expect an option to remove known devices before the 90d time period. Somethink like “forget all known devices” would work, too.
Sorry to keep nagging about this, but that addition would make 2FA complete.

2 Likes

In current implementation, it will be deleted automatically after 90d.

fyi Pro links has version v6.2.5 released 12 hours ago which does not work. I did not realize that wasn’t the “released” version and it’d just “internal server error” without any errors in any of the logs (django, nginx, etc). Downgrading to v6.2.4 fixes it.

Getting same error

What operating system do you use?

Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS