Seafile server 6 doesn't start after a fresh install & a reboot

I did a clean install of Seafile 6 on a debian server.
Seafile runs fine until i reboot

I used the installscript from Mr. Alexander Jackson on github:
apt-get install lsb-release -y
cd /root
wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/seafile/seafile-server-installer/master/seafile_v5_debian
bash seafile_v5_debian

Why does it run after the installation, but not after a reboot?
Which logs should i check?

this is what i found now in seafile.log
[11/13/2016 12:39:04 AM] Disconnected from daemon
[11/13/2016 12:39:28 AM] …/common/mq-mgr.c(54): [mq client] mq cilent is started
[11/14/2016 05:14:54 PM] …/common/mq-mgr.c(54): [mq client] mq cilent is started

As you can see there seem to have to be a “Disconnect from deamon” that does not happen after when i rebooted??

Kind Regards
Gerard

Hi Gerard,

do not get me wrong, but I think is not a good idea to use a pretty complex installation script to install seafile - the seafile installation it is pretty easy, it does not need a script IMHO. You get a better understanding of the installation if you do it manually. Maybe the script is outdated or does something you do not need or do not want.

1 Like

Yeap, as @Vertex said, “the script is outdated”, maybe you should try the newest script https://github.com/haiwen/seafile-server-installer

Is there a recommended way from the developers to install the seafile server? Manual says that you can install it manually or with the script. But the scripts are outdated. Good thing with the the script is, that it does a lot of things you may forget or you do not know how to do it when doing on your own.

I agree with you a installation script is very comfortable, but in the worst case it can brake your whole web server installation, especially if you have modified the system for your needs and eventually the script cannot handle your modifications in the right way. If you can not install seafile manually, probably you do not have a deeper understanding what’s script is doing either. I think everyone should decide for themselves. IMHO the installation manual for seafile ist pretty good.

I understand most parts of the script so I could do most of it on my own. But some time ago there was a script (I installed my server with it) that did much more than described in the seafile manual:

• setup ufw firewall
  • setup fail2ban
  • setup postfix
  • optimize nginx
  • Fix NGINX worker_processes to number of CPU cores
  • Setup perfect forward secrecy
    Would be great to have these descriptions in the installation manual, too.
1 Like

please close topic, not resolved but seems to it need to be solved as a nginx question