Seafile server 7.1.0 is ready for testing! Migrate to Python 3

seems here https://github.com/mar10/wsgidav/commit/2b5e5b155ed62ed1ec76b8fca925f6ee3a4f288f is patch for this

Files count in System Admin -> Libraries is always 0. Can anyone confirm this in 7.1.1?

Confirmed.

Then I guess it is a bug. @daniel.pan

I tried to use seafdav with Seafile 7.1.1 on CentOS 8 but did not get it working up to now.

Missing python libraries were installed:

sudo su - seafile
pip3 install wsgidav --user
pip3 install --upgrade six>=1.13.0 --user

Log file /opt/seafile/logs/controller.log shows same error message every 10 seconds:

[01/26/20 23:17:54] seafile-controller.c(412): pid file /opt/seafile/pids/seafdav.pid does not exist
[01/26/20 23:17:54] seafile-controller.c(444): seafdav need restart…
[01/26/20 23:17:54] seafile-controller.c(79): spawn_process: /usr/bin/python3 -m wsgidav.server.server_cli --server gunicorn --root / --log-file /opt/seafile/logs/seafdav.log --pid /opt/seafile/pids/seafdav.pid --port 8080 --host 0.0.0.0 [01/26/20 23:17:54] seafile-controller.c(94): spawned /usr/bin/python3, pid 2097`

No seafdav.pid file is created. Looks like process is started and terminates immediately.

Manual start of wsgidav is not possible. I get the following error message:

/usr/bin/python3 -m wsgidav.server.server_cli --server gunicorn --root / --log-file /opt/seafile
/logs/seafdav.log --pid /opt/seafile/pids/seafdav.pid --port 8080 --host 0.0.0.0

usage: wsgidav [-h] [-p PORT] [-H HOST] [-r ROOT_PATH]
[–auth {anonymous,nt,pam-login}]
[–server {paste,gevent,cheroot,cherrypy,ext-wsgiutils,flup-fcgi,flup-fcgi_fork,wsgiref}]
[–ssl-adapter {builtin,pyopenssl}] [-v | -q]
[-c CONFIG_FILE | --no-config] [-V]
wsgidav: error: argument --server: invalid choice: ‘gunicorn’ (choose from ‘paste’, ‘gevent’, ‘cheroot’, ‘cherrypy’, ‘ext-wsgiutils’, ‘flup-fcgi’, ‘flup-fcgi_fork’, ‘wsgiref’)

wsgidav --version

How can I get webdav working?

Hello, may I know when PRO version will be available?
Thanks

We will have a beta release in the next week.

1 Like

Is this a reply to CE Post 65 and Post 64 or to the Pro version update?

1 Like

I mean the pro edition.

Any info for CE then? Are these confirmed issues (or config problems)? If yes, are they also present in the upcoming Pro Beta and if not, why don’t you test the fix in CE as usual?

We will release a new CE version in the next week.

Actually, there are no big issues with the current 7.1.1 CE.

How did you get so far?
I’m still at
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘captcha’
on CentOS 8 after yum update
Thanks!

Today I have tested Seafile Pro 7.1 for quite some hours and can not find any issues yet.
The upgrade process works like a charm and damn… it is fast. At least this is my subjective view.

I thought the PDF online viewer should be improved in 8.0 later this year (see Roadmap). But the zoom-in & zoom-out functionality is already implemented in 7.1. At the moment mobile users (at least iOS) have to use the “+”/"-"-Buttons to zoom otherwise it is still blurry. Approximately 65-75% of our users access Seafile via Smartphone/Tablet. It would be nice if users could zoom with touch gestures.

At this point I just want to thank the team at Seafile Ltd. for developing this great software.
In addition to suggestions and criticism, I think there should be recognition in some places.

3 Likes

Did you try sudo pip3 install django-simple-captcha ?

As described I was not able to start seafdav and get seafile webdav feature running on CentOS 8? Are you able to run it?

For all those that missed it:

Seafile Server Professional Edition 7.1.0 (beta) is out.

You find the changelog and update instructions here.

1 Like

It is strange to me… WebDAV worked quite fine yesterday. Today I added multiple storage backends (only different local storage pools), restart seafile&seahub and WebDAV is broken. I got this error:

/usr/bin/python3: Error while finding module specification for ‘seafevents.main’ (ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘seafevents’)

It is reproduceable every time if you:

1. Comment out all related parts in seafile.conf & seahub_settings.py (in my case:)

seafile.conf:

#[storage]
#enable_storage_classes = true
#storage_classes_file = /opt/seafile/conf/storage_classes.json

seahub_settings.py

#ENABLE_STORAGE_CLASSES = True
#STORAGE_CLASS_MAPPING_POLICY = ‘USER_SELECT’

1. Restart seafile & seahub → seafdav.pid is there & WebDAV is working
  2. Undo all changes and restart seafile & seahub → no WebDAV and the known error message.

I am testing on Debian Buster. @daniel.pan I think this is a bug.

Edit: I copied in the wrong error message. Not it is corrected.

@k4zz You issue is caused by manually installation of wsgidav. You should use the modified version of wsgidav included in seafile package. You can try to uninstall wsgidav from your system.

I experienced an issue upgrading from Seafile Pro Ubuntu 7.0.13 to 7.1.0 beta. The problem was due to a ‘%’ in my MySQL password, which caused problems with the db_update_helper.py and seahub.sh scripts. I changed the password in all of my config files (to remove the ‘%’), as well as in MySQL, after which the upgrade script worked fine. After upgrading, I changed my password back and seahub.sh would not start. It works perfectly using a password without a ‘%’. I’m not sure why this causes problems, but I wanted to report the issue. As always, keep up the good work and thanks for an excellent product!

3 Likes

that did the trick!
Thank you!