Seafile Server 7.1.4 for Raspberry Pi is ready! 23.05.2020

yes, this is true, I rememeber that. These are the dependences for webdav. Some of the them are in the documentation. These are the same than for x64

Hi @IssueFindings , there is no symlink link from python3.6 to python 3.7 at all.

And now, seafdav is runnig, forgot to change nginx config:
location /seafdav {
proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8090/seafdav;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $server_name;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
proxy_read_timeout 1200s;
client_max_body_size 0;

access_log /var/log/nginx/seafdav.access.log;
error_log /var/log/nginx/seafdav.error.log;

}

And needed to set fastcgi=false in seafdav.conf
I wish some day it could be easier to migrate to a new sefile version :slight_smile:

And that for first was only my second odroid, my main device is running with stretch, now the next try with that :wink:

this is also in the migration documentation :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :joy: :relaxed:

WebDAV will stick with fastcgi=false for a long time, don’t worry

I know, but sometimes its hard to read all that and find out whats necessary and what not. :sweat_smile:
I cloned my device days before and so i had a working seafile on both, most configuration options are well set for 7.05, and webdav works with fastcgi/true with that, whatever…
But so i have a bit to learn :wink:

I know, but you pass now the 7.1. line. You are safe now :laughing:

Thank you first, for the new release! :+1:
My seahub does not start anymore, also with manually execution of ./seahub.sh I don’t get any errors.
Maybe I have to change the python-memcache described in here: https://download.seafile.com/published/seafile-manual/upgrade/upgrade_notes_for_7.1.x.md but where should I do this?

I don’t understand, I did ln -s python3.7 python3.6 What’s wrong ?

in /conf/seahub_settings.py

Internal server error after upgrade to version 7.1

Please check whether the seahub process is running in your server. If it is running, there should be an error log in seahub.log for internal server error.

If seahub process is not running, you can modify conf/gunicorn.conf, change daemon = True to daemon = False , then run ./seahub.sh again. If there are missing Python dependencies, the error will be reported in the terminal.

The most common issue is that you use an old memcache configuration that depends on python-memcache. The new way is

'BACKEND': 'django_pylibmc.memcached.PyLibMCCache'

The old way is

'BACKEND': 'django.core.cache.backends.memcached.MemcachedCache',

you didnt realize that there is no symlink inside /home/pi/SeaFile/seafile-server-7.1.4/seafile/lib, did you?

Thank you for your very fast answer and sorry for writing to fast in this forum, because I see that with my Debian Stretch has Python 3.5.3 installed momentary. I now use this article https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-install-python-3-7-on-debian-9/ that is linked to your description above and will let you know about the outcome.

My suggestion is to use pyenv https://github.com/pyenv/pyenv

It is very straightforward. It will compile the python automatically. Use Python 3.6.10

Ah f*** it’s already doing “make -j 2” did you think it’s better to cancel before doing the make (alt)install and use the pyenv instead?

And now i got next problem, Error:Seahub failed to start…
Could it be that my python (on armbian stretch) is too old? (python3 -V says Python 3.5.3) ?

sure cancel it, and don’t worry. The compilation process will long about almost 4 hours with a raspberry pi 3b+ with the enabled-optimizations flag

Seems you have the same error like me (I use also an Debian Stretch but on a Cubietruck). We have to install like @jobenvil has suggested Python 3.6.10

@nihilistaX :cold_face: yes, i told you, please here:

FOR ALL OTHERS COMMING AFTER:

STRETCH USERS NEEDS EITHER TO UPGRADE THE OS TO BUSTER OR take the rpi-Stretch version AND INSTALL ADDITIONALLY PYTHON 3.6.10 :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

OK, sorry for that, its hard work to collect all needed things and forget nothing :grin:

Hello,
You are true, I created the symbolic link in the wrong place. I just correct it and… the issue is still here.

ls -la /home/pi/SeaFile/seafile-server-7.1.4/seafile/lib give me :

(...)
lrwxrwxrwx 1 seafile nogroup 9 mai 24 02:44 python3.6 -> python3.7
(...)

Great! Thank you very much :wink: