Seahub.sh won't start, syntax error? Seafile for Pi 7.0.5

I followed the official Seafile documentation to set it up (Seafile Server for Raspberry Pi Version 7.0.5 on Raspberry Pi model 4B with 4Gb RAM running Raspbian Buster 10) with MariaDB instead of MySQL, which seems to be fine. I followed all the deployment instructions for Nginx and in Terminal, I get the error Seahub.sh failed to start, please try to start seahub.sh again. I can confirm Nginx is running as I get the welcome to Nginx page when I go to port 80. When I go to 192.168.1.27:8000 which is the correct IP and port, I just get a could not connect to server error. I did add DEBUG=True to seahub_settings.py but since seahub.sh can’t start it doesn’t seem to be making any difference. Nothing is showing up when I try to load the page or in the seahub.log file.

In seahub.conf I tried changing Daemon from True to False. It seemed to make no difference. Nothing new in the logs. The Nginx access.log and error.log files are also empty.

Starting seahub.sh with fastcgi provided this:

'Starting seahub (fastcgi) at 127.0.0.1:8000 ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/katcloud/seafile-server-7.0.5/seahub/manage.py", line 10, in <module>
    execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)
  File "/home/pi/katcloud/seafile-server-7.0.5/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.16-py2.7.egg/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 364, in execute_from_command_line
    utility.execute()
  File "/home/pi/katcloud/seafile-server-7.0.5/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.16-py2.7.egg/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 308, in execute
    settings.INSTALLED_APPS
  File "/home/pi/katcloud/seafile-server-7.0.5/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.16-py2.7.egg/django/conf/__init__.py", line 56, in __getattr__
    self._setup(name)
  File "/home/pi/katcloud/seafile-server-7.0.5/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.16-py2.7.egg/django/conf/__init__.py", line 41, in _setup
    self._wrapped = Settings(settings_module)
  File "/home/pi/katcloud/seafile-server-7.0.5/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.11.16-py2.7.egg/django/conf/__init__.py", line 110, in __init__
    mod = importlib.import_module(self.SETTINGS_MODULE)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
    __import__(name)
  File "/home/pi/katcloud/seafile-server-7.0.5/seahub/seahub/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
    from handlers import repo_created_cb, repo_deleted_cb, clean_up_repo_trash_cb, \
  File "/home/pi/katcloud/seafile-server-7.0.5/seahub/seahub/handlers.py", line 4, in <module>
    import settings
  File "/home/pi/katcloud/seafile-server-7.0.5/seahub/seahub/settings.py", line 841, in <module>
    import seahub_settings
  File "/home/pi/katcloud/conf/seahub_settings.py", line 13
    FILE_SERVER_ROOT = '192.168.1.27:8000'
                   ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Error:Seahub failed to start.'

So apparently there is some problem with Django? It says I am using version 1.11.23 and no updates available. If you can please be detailed in your replies, I’m fairly new to linux and this is my first time using Nginx instead of Apache.

Hi rphoenix,
welcome to the Community forum!
Thanks for your good problem description and the log.
I am pretty sure your problem lies not in your configuration itself, but in your configuration file. Specifically, in the formating of your seahub_settngs.py file.
seahub.sh throws an “invalid syntax” error when reading the seahub_settings.py. Keep in mind that indentation matters in PY-files or in Python in general. My advice: Go through the seahub_settings.py and more sure that you got the indentation right.
Best
Ralf