Server down need help ASAP please!

Is there a benefit to not just running the ./seaf-fsck.sh --repair first?

We did try that, no luck. thanks

Create the database table manually should solve the problem: https://github.com/haiwen/seahub/blob/master/sql/mysql.sql#L27

How do I do that?

I started this, its been running for 8 hours now

How can I check into this more? You might be right about the wrong version starting or something. But I dont know how to investigate

Guys look closer to that screenshot. The database wasn’t shut down normally, so i think the database is broken and recovered from its .ibd files. Take a backup of your mysql-db and restore it - after restoring, all services should work again.

do you know where the backup might be? What if I have a old backup, would it effect anything if its outdated? Also can you help me with commands and such to do so please?

Is there a way to open the mysql file and find whats broken with it? Repair it somehow?

After the scans finished, I started services back up and here is the bottom of the django log. If this is the issue how do I fix? “ProgrammingError: (1146, “Table ‘seahub-db.constance_config’ doesn’t exist”)”

file_server_root = config.FILE_SERVER_ROOT

File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/utils/functional.py”, line 225, in inner
self._setup()
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/django_constance-1.0.1-py2.6.egg/constance/init.py”, line 11, in _setup
self._wrapped = Config()
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/django_constance-1.0.1-py2.6.egg/constance/base.py”, line 10, in init
utils.import_module_attr(settings.BACKEND)())
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/django_constance-1.0.1-py2.6.egg/constance/backends/database/init.py”, line 37, in init
self.autofill()
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/django_constance-1.0.1-py2.6.egg/constance/backends/database/init.py”, line 52, in autofill
for key, value in self.mget(settings.CONFIG.keys()):
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/django_constance-1.0.1-py2.6.egg/constance/backends/database/init.py”, line 61, in mget
for const in stored:
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/query.py”, line 162, in iter
self._fetch_all()
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/query.py”, line 965, in _fetch_all
self._result_cache = list(self.iterator())
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/query.py”, line 238, in iterator
results = compiler.execute_sql()
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py”, line 840, in execute_sql
cursor.execute(sql, params)
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/backends/utils.py”, line 64, in execute
return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/utils.py”, line 98, in exit
six.reraise(dj_exc_type, dj_exc_value, traceback)
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/backends/utils.py”, line 64, in execute
return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
File “/mnt/seafile/seafile-server-6.0.8/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.17-py2.7.egg/django/db/backends/mysql/base.py”, line 124, in execute
return self.cursor.execute(query, args)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py”, line 174, in execute
self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py”, line 36, in defaulterrorhandler
raise errorclass, errorvalue
ProgrammingError: (1146, “Table ‘seahub-db.constance_config’ doesn’t exist”)

Im thinking the issue could be within the seahub_settings.pyc file? What should this file look like? SHould I be able to read it in notepad++? Most of it looks garbled when I try

This file does not configure itself to my knowledge. It is the software that takes care of it

Yes, I renamed the file and it recreated itself. So I think the issue is with either the db or seahub-db.constance_config

It is your database that is corrupt, it lacks a table it looks like:
"Table ‘seahub-db.constance_config’ in the database seahub-db
Do you have a backup your mysql database?
Seafile has stopped working from which version number?

We are using 6.0.8

What is in that table? Is that something that could be re-created?

I do not have a recent backup of it, the one I have might be from when we was on 3.x a year ago

Also, does it make sense that causing the server not to work right?

Clients arent syncing and the webpage just shows:

Page unavailable

Sorry, but the requested page is unavailable due to a server hiccup.

Our engineers have been notified, so check back later.

I can not tell you what’s in it, generally I do backup by security, I do not manipulate the inside of the databases. It’s @daniel.pan that will help you more.
Your database is what date?

The server starts with errors if you see this page?

Have you tried using the FUSE extension to retrieve at least your data

https://manual.seafile.com/extension/fuse.html

I haven’t but maybe that will help me get to my data! THanks, going to test.