SMS password when emailing share link

First of let me start by saying that Seafile so far has been one of the best experiences I’ve had in IT … simply put it just works… been running and updating it for 3+ years and never lost files or had breakdowns!

Next when sending a share link we have the option to set a password… which is great. But it struck me that getting the password to the share link recipient is a bit cumbersome (I’m not complaining - it’s a luxury problem :slight_smile: ). So would it be possible to implement some sort of way to get the share password to the link recipient directly from the share form? As sending both link and password by mail would obviously compromise security I had the thought that while the link would still be send by mail it might be an idea to send the password by SMS?

The idea would be to add a mobile phone number field to the share form and then have some sort of integration to fx. SMSEagle.

This is just an idea of the top of my head, and I’m not even sure it’s a good idea security wise… but now it’s out there.

P.S. Keep up the fantastic work

1 Like