[Solved] I screw up, please help

My server (Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS) was running fine for so many years. Today, I decided to upgrade it from version 6.2 to the latest 7.0

I started with upgrade from 6.2 to 6.3 first. Below here is the message that appear upon upgrading:

-------------------------------------------------------------
This script would upgrade your seafile server from 6.2 to 6.3
Press [ENTER] to contiune

Updating seafile/seahub database …

[INFO] You are using MySQL
[INFO] updating ccnet database…
/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.5/upgrade/db_update_helper.py:352: Warning: Table ‘LDAPConfig’ already exists
cursor.execute(sql)
[INFO] updating seafile database…
/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.5/upgrade/db_update_helper.py:352: Warning: Table ‘SeafileConf’ already exists
cursor.execute(sql)
/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.5/upgrade/db_update_helper.py:352: Warning: Table ‘RepoInfo’ already exists
cursor.execute(sql)
[INFO] updating seahub database…
/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.5/upgrade/db_update_helper.py:352: Warning: Table ‘organizations_orgmemberquota’ already exists
cursor.execute(sql)
Done

migrating avatars …

Done

updating /seafile/seafile-server-latest symbolic link to /seafile/seafile-server-7.0.5 …

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Upgraded your seafile server successfully.

I then proceed to upgrade it from 6.3 to 7.0. Below here is the message that appear upon upgrading:

This script would upgrade your seafile server from 6.3 to 7.0
Press [ENTER] to contiune

Updating seafile/seahub database …

[INFO] You are using MySQL
[INFO] updating ccnet database…
[INFO] updating seafile database…
[INFO] updating seahub database…
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1064, “You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘(6) NOT NULL,\n updated_at datetime(6) NOT NULL,\n username varchar(255) NOT’ at line 3”)
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1005, “Can’t create table ‘seahub-db.drafts_draftreviewer’ (errno: 150)”)
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, “Table ‘seahub-db.TotalStorageStat’ doesn’t exist”)
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, “Table ‘seahub-db.TotalStorageStat’ doesn’t exist”)
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, “Table ‘seahub-db.FileOpsStat’ doesn’t exist”)
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, “Table ‘seahub-db.FileOpsStat’ doesn’t exist”)
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, “Table ‘seahub-db.UserActivityStat’ doesn’t exist”)
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, “Table ‘seahub-db.UserActivityStat’ doesn’t exist”)
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1051, “Unknown table ‘UserTrafficStat’”)
[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1091, “Can’t DROP ‘profile_profile_contact_email_0975e4bf_uniq’; check that column/key exists”)
Done

migrating avatars …

Done

updating /seafile/seafile-server-latest symbolic link to /seafile/seafile-server-7.0.5 …

Upgraded your seafile server successfully.

Now, my server not running anymore. I can’t access it via web browser or from the client either. Please advise.

Note:
Whenever I start the server via /etc/init.d/seafile-server start, I will encounter message below:

I managed to fix the problem. After going through the manual, I notice for Seafile 6.3.X and above, there’s a new file called “gunicorn.conf” that I need to configure.

I simply changed the line from 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0 and everything is working again now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you could help yourself. Please mark your post as solved.