[SOLVED] Page unavailable after seafile server update from 8 to 9

Hello everyone!

My server was hosting a perfectly fine running seafile installation. So I thought let’s touch this running system and break it :slight_smile:

I decided to upgrade my Seafile Pro 8.0.x to 9.0.10

This is my setup:

Ubuntu 20.04
NGINX 1.22.1
MariaDB 10.6.10

There is this issue in nginx log when trying to access my seafile login webpage:

022/10/20 16:47:29 [error] 21896#21896: *2301 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 194.56.239.194, server: cloud.mydomain.de, request: "POST /seafhttp/repo/folder-perm HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:8082/repo/folder-perm", host: "cloud.mydomain.de"

So I am assuming something is wrong in my nginx config, maybe? As mentioned my Seafile was accessible and working just fine, until I upgraded…

Maybe one of you knows how to debug this!
fingerscrossed

Can you post your gunicorn.conf.py?

Hej @rdb !
Thanks so much for your reply!

gunicorn.conf.py contents:

import os

daemon = True
workers = 5

# default localhost:8000
bind = "0.0.0.0:8000"

# Pid
pids_dir = '/opt/seafile/pids'
pidfile = os.path.join(pids_dir, 'seahub.pid')

# for file upload, we need a longer timeout value (default is only 30s, too short)
timeout = 1200

limit_request_line = 8190

Ok, so after fiddling for hours with nginx, seafileserver and seahub settings and restarting the same over and over…
I found this message in my seahub.log:

File "/opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-9.0.10/seahub/seahub/auth/__init__.py", line 23, in load_backend
    raise ImproperlyConfigured('Error importing authentication backend %s: "%s"' % (module, e))
django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: Error importing authentication backend seahub_extra.django_cas_ng.backends: "No module named 'seahub_extra'" 

This led me to a totally different path of trial and error… although I never even activated or used seahub_extra…

So after cleaning out any cache files on the server, which helped nothing with above issue, I also cleared any browser cookies and logged out any seafile client tools (desktop, mobile, whatnot).

THIS did the trick. Maybe some kind of user session issue after upgrading?

Thanks for anyone thinking on my problem!

1 Like