[Solved] Seafile server pro 7.1.3 to 7.1.4 update failed

Minor upgrade worked at first. Seafile and seahub started, no errors. But then the webinterface does not show anymore any libraries. Client same thing.

But seahub.log shows error:

2020-05-14 16:02:30,089 [ERROR] django.request:135 handle_uncaught_exception Internal Server Error: /api2/account/info/
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/xxx/seafile/seafile-pro-server-7.1.4/seafile/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pysearpc/named_pipe.py”, line 88, in _get_transport
transport = self._pool.get(False)
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/queue.py”, line 167, in get
raise Empty
_queue.Empty

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:…
and then many more errors follow…

So now moving back. Any idea?

Update: Changing back the symlink of seafile-server-latest to 7.1.3 version (and updated systemd entries) all works fine again.

Had the same issue. Wasn’t thinking when I did the upgrade and had the wrong file ownership for the new 7.1.4 directory. Changed ownership to my seafile user and everything worked.

Seahub was trying to access [seafile-directory]/ccnet/ccnet-rpc.sock. Since the permissions were incorrect it couldn’t read it and through a file not found error (the second part of your above exception that you didn’t include). Soon as I saw this I knew what the error was and made the change.

Validate your user ownership and permissions. Easy mistake even for an expert.

So true… forgot that I did run Nautlius as root, so extraction of the new version was owned by root, not by my normal user.