[SOLVED] Seahub won't start after "apt-get upgrade"

Hi all

Im running seafile for the last two years without problems. But no I had to change the physical location of my server (new ip address) and also updated the software (upgrade to seafile 6.0.10 and apt-get update) and now seahub won’t start anymore. I’m running a Debian 7.11 server with nginx and MySQL.

If I start Seahub with the command ./seahub.sh start-fastcgi brings up a huge stack trace of errors:

*** glibc detected *** python2.7: double free or corruption (out): 0x0000000002c9c030 *** ======= Backtrace: ========= /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x75bb6)[0x7f3341ce8bb6] /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(cfree+0x6c)[0x7f3341ced95c] python2.7[0x4825f9] python2.7[0x44fea6] ... [snipping about 240 lines] ... 7f33426a0000-7f334289f000 ---p 00017000 08:21 1180342 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread-2.13.so./seahub.sh: Zeile 194: 3624 Abgebrochen $PYTHON "${manage_py}" runfcgi host=$address port=$port pidfile=$pidfile outlog=${accesslog} errlog=${errorlog} Error:Seahub failed to start.

The command on line 194 is:
/usr/local/bin/python2.7 /opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-6.0.10/seahub/manage.py runfcgi host=127.0.0.1 port=8000 pidfile=/opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-6.0.10/runtime/seahub.pid outlog=/opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-6.0.10/runtime/access.log errlog=/opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-6.0.10/runtime/error.log

If I manually execute this command I get:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-6.0.10/seahub/manage.py", line 10, in <module> execute_from_command_line(sys.argv) File "/opt/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 363, in execute_from_command_line utility.execute() File "/opt/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 307, in execute settings.INSTALLED_APPS File "/opt/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 56, in __getattr__ self._setup(name) File "/opt/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 41, in _setup self._wrapped = Settings(settings_module) File "/opt/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 110, in __init__ mod = importlib.import_module(self.SETTINGS_MODULE) File "/opt/python/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module __import__(name) File "/opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-6.0.10/seahub/seahub/__init__.py", line 3, in <module> from handlers import repo_created_cb, repo_deleted_cb File "/opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-6.0.10/seahub/seahub/handlers.py", line 4, in <module> import settings File "/opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-6.0.10/seahub/seahub/settings.py", line 9, in <module> from seaserv import FILE_SERVER_ROOT, FILE_SERVER_PORT, SERVICE_URL ImportError: No module named seaserv

I’m loking for the answer for countless of hours. A google search for this error message brings very little results and no solution. I’ve reinstalled all the reqired software packages mentioned in the documentation and other pages, changed python version (export PYTHON=…), all with no effect.

I’m really hoping I didn’t screw up my installation completely and someone know how to fix this mess. I’ve run out of ideas.

EDIT:
There is no content in the runtime/access.log or runtime/error.log and also logs/seahub.log and logs/seahub_django_request.log is completely empty. All other log files dont show errors too.

Thank you for every input.

You have which version before installing 6.0.10

Hi,

before upgrading to 6.0.10 I was running 6.0.2.

It’s running now! It was somethign with python or pip. I deleted all packages related to python and followed the requiremets in the manual. After a fresh start of the server, everithing semms to running now.

1 Like