SSL verification failed on seafile GUI (Linux and windows)

Hi !
This morning i have updated my ssl certifcate for my domain name.
on the seafile web interface, everything is working great but i have a error on seafile-gui:
Seafile server is running on a docker container, SSL certificat is provided by Gandi.

help please :cry:

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Please restart your client. If the problem persists (and you are interested in a quick fix), then you can also disable SSL verification. Right click the programm icon in systray, choose settings, go to advanced and check the box.

Thanks !
yes, i’ve try to restart seafile client but nothing change. Thanks for the tip !

I wish i can fix this…

If you can use the new certificate with a web browser and not with seafile-gui, then you have to make sure your server also sends all necessary intermediate certificates, e.g.

->openssl s_client -connect $SERVERNAME:443
CONNECTED(00000005)
depth=2 O = Digital Signature Trust Co., CN = DST Root CA X3
verify return:1
depth=1 C = US, O = Let's Encrypt, CN = Let's Encrypt Authority X3
depth=0 CN = $SERVERNAME
---
Certificate chain
 0 s:CN = $SERVERNAME
   i:C = US, O = Let's Encrypt, CN = Let's Encrypt Authority X3
 1 s:C = US, O = Let's Encrypt, CN = Let's Encrypt Authority X3
   i:O = Digital Signature Trust Co., CN = DST Root CA X3

In this example “DST Root CA X3” is a trusted root certificate which is known through the certification store of your OS.

My guess is, that your server is not sending the intermediate certificate (1) in this example “Let’s Encrypt Authority X3” issued by “DST Root CA X3”. A web browser usually caches this certificate, so if the browser has seen the intermediate certificate once, it will remember it. The seafile client does not cache the certificate! So if the web server does not send the intermediate certificate the client check will fail.

HTH!

1 Like