Start Seafile Server on BootUp

Hello there

i just installed Seafile Server on my VPS. I followed a tutorial online and everything is now setup and running. I used MySQL. on Ubuntu Server…

My issue is that whenever i restart my VPS, the server wont start automatically…i followed the tutorial here:
http://manual.seafile.com/deploy/start_seafile_at_system_bootup.html but it didnt work :frowning: I changed “huwain” to root.

I noticed that on this Bootup Tutorial it says: script_path=${seafile_dir}/seafile-server-latest

On my VPS i used the folder seafile-server-5.1.4 to do ./seafile.sh start and ./seahub.sh start maybe thats the case?

Any ideas?

Can you check the log file seafile.init.log and seahub.init.log?

Yes they are empty

only seafile.log has:

[07/27/16 03:44:56] …/common/mq-mgr.c(60): [mq client] mq cilent is started
[07/27/16 03:44:56] …/common/mq-mgr.c(106): [mq mgr] publish to heartbeat mq: seaf_server.heartbeat
[07/27/16 17:47:10] …/common/mq-mgr.c(60): [mq client] mq cilent is started
[07/27/16 17:47:10] …/common/mq-mgr.c(106): [mq mgr] publish to heartbeat mq: seaf_server.heartbeat
[07/27/16 17:59:10] …/common/mq-mgr.c(60): [mq client] mq cilent is started
[07/27/16 17:59:10] …/common/mq-mgr.c(106): [mq mgr] publish to heartbeat mq: seaf_server.heartbeat

Do you use Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04?
With 16.04 use scripts for systemd!

I’ve switched my installation under CentOS 7 to the autostart as services, exactly following the documentation. That’s also not running quite well.

On a restart of my VM, Seafile does not come up. Trying to use

service seahub start

manually gives an error message. I found out that the service seafile is not up.

Issueing

service seafile start
service seahub start

and all is up and running.

When I want to restart Seahub after a change,

service seahub restart

returns a “Fail”, but

service seahub stop
service seahub start

works properly.

Sounds for me like some timing issue in the scripts?!?

Does anyone see the same?

Thanks,
Marco

Hello and thank you for your replies, i managed to fix my issue!

Hi,

any comments on my start as a service issue?