Sync limit to local storage

Hi @daniel.pan,
Is there a way to limit the sync volume from seafile cloud to local storage, for example 80% of the disk size?

I don’t want to overload a small local storage with synced files.

No, you can’t do this. Split your libraries a sync only what you want or use SeaDrive client

Thanks, but for our project it is not possibe to split the library or use the SeaDrive client.

OK but you can still split library by making subfolders as sublibrary. Or just sync only some subfolders in library.

Thanks, but no, I can’t.
Background: We want to replace Windows Sync Center with Seafile. So far so good. But if a user has a bigger personal (folder redirection) library in Seafile as his/her HDD, his/her HDD will be overloaded (we have users with folder redirection folders with TB! of data, so we can’t sync all the data back to a small local HDD).

I’m saying you. Sync only subfolder which you want have offline, rest access over SeaDrive. That’s pretty same as you want

That’s not as easy as you describe it. Suppose a user has two devices. One with a big HDD (PC), one with a small HDD (Tablet). The sync between the personal folders should be set up fully automatically (about 300 users).
The user works on the PC with large HDD and wants to have the data offline! on the tablet (small HDD) too. ???
With Sync Center I was able to adjust the amount of data to be synchronized.

For Seafile I can only think of that SeaDrive could support something like that one day, but currently it is far from stable from my point of view.

I get it but I don’t understand how this can work. You basically saying that your user praying for files which day need offline was in limit? Isn’t better set what you want offline and what not instead of try i with automatic system? I giving you solution where you can be 100% sure what you will have offline and what online. If I get you right than your solution is just ride in highway without eyes.

But do what you want, seafile don’t know it and SeaDrive may will know something similiar in future.

Thank you for this constructive answer.
At least I thought of a warning, if the disk space is not enough, before the disk is overloaded.