Ubuntu 16.04 client login fails

Hi,

Successfully installed client on Ubuntu 16.04. I’m hoping to use the free community edition. I’m offered one server choice. I select it and enter the email and password I use when logging into the Customer Center online. Is this the correct procedure. I find plenty of information on how to use the client but nothing on properly logging in and setting up the client. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry

You need to install your own Seafile server and create account on your server. Then use this account to login.

The account in Customer Center is only for download the Seafile pro edition software.

Oh, I thought this was a cloud based service. What’s that server that’s there to select in the client login for?

Thanks,
Jerry

There are providers, which offer seafile as a cloud service, but the point is, most people want to install their own saefile servers because they want full control of their personal data. If you got no own server in your LAN (a PC or NAS, which works as a server) or in the internet, it makes no sense for you to install a seafile server.