Unable to start seafile.sh after upgrade to 7.1.3. - GLIBC_2.25 not found

Hi all
I’m trying to work out why i am unable to start my seafile server after upgrading to 7.1.3. i am running python3 & pip3 with no issues.

This is on a debain 9.9 OpenVZ VPS, i’m not sure if it may be related to the fact i am running a very old kernal (2.6.32-042stab141.3) and therefore unable to update libc6 to the right version? Although this is just a guess.

/opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-7.1.3/seafile/bin/seafile-controller: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version 
`GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by /opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-7.1.3/seafile/lib/libcrypto.so.1.1)
/opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-7.1.3/seafile/bin/seafile-controller: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version      
`GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by /opt/seafile/seafile-pro-server-7.1.3/seafile/lib/libuuid.so.1)

Any help would be much appreciated,
Alex

@a_dub your assumptions are unfortunatedly right. The shipped libc6 library in seafile is the GLIB_2.25, but you have probably 2.24. The Kernel ist not the problem. The distro is the problem. A Distro-Upgrade will help.

I’ll give that a go upgrading to debain 10

I cant understand why people are not able or willing to read the documentation. There is written that Seafile 7.1 is only working with Debian 10 :wink:

Fair point, i must have missed that.

Unfortunately upgrading to debain 10 is prompting an upgrade to libc6, which will not upgrade to a newer version unless i am running a kernal version of 3.2 or later. Although this is of course not a seafile problem, but a result of my hosting provider running such an old version of OpenVZ, i suspect