Update 6.3 to 7.0.4

I use seafile for raspberry

I installed certifi and idna, then run script update from 6.3 to 7.0.4. It said updated. i tried to run and get this:

./seafile.sh: line 84: 31148 Illegal instruction     LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$SEAFILE_LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${seaf_controller} --test -c "${default_ccnet_conf_dir}" -d "${seafile_data_dir}" -F "${central_config_dir}"

do you use ARMv6 oder Jessie Distro? There are two versions for Raspi. Please os-release and uname -a.

i try seafile-server_7.0.4_stable_pi.tar.gz
i do not know what to do, cant find information

I found solution just upgrade to seafile-server_7.0.4_stable_pi_bplus_jessie.tar.gz

the solution is not to upgrade to this version, morever to choose the properly one. Therefore I asked you for raspberry pi hardware version or linux distro that you are using.

Same issue here after trying to upgrade. seafile-server_7.0.4_stable_pi.tar.gz for my RP2 with Stretch distribution.

The error message is: ./seafile.sh: line 84: 3447 Illegal instruction LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$SEAFILE_LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${seaf_controller} --test -c “${default_ccnet_conf_dir}” -d “${seafile_data_dir}” -F “${central_config_dir}”

What do I have to look out for to perform a proper upgrade?

@Niclas choose the pi_bplus version in Github.

Hi @jobenvil, thanks for recommendation, but this didn’t help as well.
It throws out the following error:

updating seafile database…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py”, line 384, in
main()
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py”, line 379, in main
db_updater.update_db()
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py”, line 275, in update_db
super(SQLiteDBUpdater, self).update_db()
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py”, line 125, in update_db
self.update_seafile_sql(seafile_sql)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py”, line 296, in update_seafile_sql
self.apply_sqls(self.seafile_db, sql_path)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py”, line 289, in apply_sqls
conn.execute(line)
sqlite3.OperationalError: duplicate column name: status

Failed to upgrade your database

@Niclas that’s ok, since you run twice the upgrade script. You should run now the minor upgrade script to link to your new release.

1 Like

Yes, that did the job. 7.0.4 is now running smoothly with some exceptions which might have come from previous installations already. But will ask about them in a separate thread.
Thanks for far for your quick support as usual!