Updated from 5.1 to 6 and now the webportal will not open

I have a relatively new install of seafile server (community) that was running fine. I wanted to update to v 6.0.5 before promoting it into a production server. I stopped seafile and seahub and ran the update script “./upgrade_5.1_6.0.sh”
After the update completed, and it stated the upgrade was successfull, the seafile and seahub services start but the webpage can no longer be accessed.

All of the permissions for the directories are OK, seafile:seafile

The web browser loads the https logo but the page says “The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.”

Did anyone else experience this?

thanks

Do you you use seafile with apache ? In this case the permissions are not correct, they should be seafile:www-data - You also could try to reload the page. And it would be a good idea to delete the cache: rm -rf /tmp/seahub_cache/*

Yes, using apache. Changed the permission of the seafile installation folder to seafile:www-data
Deleted the cache but still no luck

cat ccnet.conf

[> General]
USER_NAME = seafile-server
ID = 1e787c1b3aff6176
NAME = seafile-server
SERVICE_URL = https://www.myseafile.com

[Client]
PORT = 13419

[Database]
ENGINE = mysql
HOST = 127.0.0.1
PORT = 3306
USER = seacloud
PASSWD = xyz
DB = ccnet_db
CONNECTION_CHARSET = utf8

cat seafile.conf

[fileserver]
port = 8082

[database]
type = mysql
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 3306
user = seacloud
password = xyz
db_name = seafile_db
connection_charset = utf8

cat seahub_settings.py

SECRET_KEY = “xyz”

DATABASES = {
‘default’: {
‘ENGINE’: ‘django.db.backends.mysql’,
‘NAME’: ‘seahub_db’,
‘USER’: ‘seacloud’,
‘PASSWORD’: ‘xyz’,
‘HOST’: ‘127.0.0.1’,
‘PORT’: ‘3306’
}
}

adding the cofig above in case it helps

Hi Tom,
you you have to add:

FILE_SERVER_ROOT = 'https://www.myseafile.com/seafhttp'

in seahub_settings.py

Thanks for the assistance but I did a fresh install as I could not find the problem, even after adding the file_server_root

A clean install of version 6 worked.