Upgrade questions, also having some indexing issues

Greetings all,

My first post on the forum. First and foremost, love the software! Hands down the best sync option I have ran across yet. I get the occasional sync conflicts to which I am not sure why, but it has worked out well.

So here’s where I am (was) at. I had Seafile server (running on Debian 9.4) v6.2.5 and recently my macOS client updated to 7.0.

I started noticing errors with messages like “Error indexing file /path/to/some/file”. I was syncronizing my VS Code config, and it was mainly in that. I read online somewhere where people said that they had issues like this, and updated server to 7.x and it fixed it.

So I upgraded to 7.0.4. I ran the upgrade/upgrade_6.2_6.3.sh first, it had some errors, and updated the seafile-server-latest link to 7.0.4. I went ahead and ran the upgrade/upgrade_6.3_7.0.sh file, and it too had some errors. I was able to start up fine however, and thought I’ll see how it goes.

Now it seems like I am getting the indexing error on pretty much any library I have. It also mentions something about checking permissions or to check if I am out of disk space. The permissions have always been run by the same user, so Im not sure how that could have changed, and I checked, I have over a half TB free of space, so that shouldnt be the issue.

So I guess I am writing asking about 1) could someone look at the attached upgrade outputs and give me some guidance (not worry about it or do this to fix it) and 2) how do we fix this darn index issues.

Thank you!

Sighs. I cant attach screen shots very easily here without breaking any rules or making this too convoluted. Going to try just posting some text. Hope it all makes sense wont be as “pretty” though.

root@server:/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.4# upgrade/upgrade_6.2_6.3.sh

This script would upgrade your seafile server from 6.2 to 6.3

Press [ENTER] to contiune

Updating seafile/seahub database …

[INFO] You are using MySQL

[INFO] updating ccnet database…

/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py:352: Warning: Table ‘LDAPConfig’ already exists

cursor.execute(sql)

[INFO] updating seafile database…

/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py:352: Warning: Table ‘SeafileConf’ already exists

cursor.execute(sql)

/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py:352: Warning: Table ‘RepoInfo’ already exists

cursor.execute(sql)

[INFO] updating seahub database…

/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py:352: Warning: Table ‘organizations_orgmemberquota’ already exists

cursor.execute(sql)

Done

migrating avatars …

Done

updating /opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest symbolic link to /opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.4 …

Upgraded your seafile server successfully.

root@server:/opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.4# upgrade/upgrade_6.3_7.0.sh

This script would upgrade your seafile server from 6.3 to 7.0

Press [ENTER] to contiune

Updating seafile/seahub database …

[INFO] You are using MySQL

[INFO] updating ccnet database…

[INFO] updating seafile database…

[INFO] updating seahub database…

[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, “Table ‘ledoktre-seahub-db.TotalStorageStat’ doesn’t exist”)

[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, “Table ‘ledoktre-seahub-db.TotalStorageStat’ doesn’t exist”)

[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, “Table ‘ledoktre-seahub-db.FileOpsStat’ doesn’t exist”)

[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, “Table ‘ledoktre-seahub-db.FileOpsStat’ doesn’t exist”)

[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, “Table ‘ledoktre-seahub-db.UserActivityStat’ doesn’t exist”)

[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1146, “Table ‘ledoktre-seahub-db.UserActivityStat’ doesn’t exist”)

[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1051, “Unknown table ‘ledoktre-seahub-db.UserTrafficStat’”)

[WARNING] Failed to execute sql: (1091, “Can’t DROP ‘profile_profile_contact_email_0975e4bf_uniq’; check that column/key exists”)

Done

migrating avatars …

Done

updating /opt/seafile/seafile-server-latest symbolic link to /opt/seafile/seafile-server-7.0.4 …

Upgraded your seafile server successfully.

I noticed that since the update, and also since running seaf-fsck (no errors) and seaf-gc, still having the sync errors. I am running Percona version of MySQL, v5.6.40-84.0.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi,

seems, you were running the upgrade as root user. Are all files of the new release owned by the seafile user? If not, you should run “chown -R” to the seafile directories.

Hello,

When you replied, I noted that as well. I thought I was logged in as the Seafile user. I did check, and on the data side (it is not in my seafile directory, it is saved on its own LVM volume), there were no permission issues, but there was a couple of files under the seafile-server-latest.

At the end of the day, I am not sure if there was any issues with the upgrade itself - a lot of errors and complaints in the output of the scripts (how much really matters?). Also I am constantly and I mean CONSTANTLY (not yelling, just emphasizing) seeing “Failed to index file xx/xx/xx/x”. Since Ive been on my system the last hour or so there was been an alert on the screen pretty much constant the whole hour. Im not sure whats causing it… ?

Thanks,