Upgrade seafile-server to ubuntu 22.04?

I have seafile-server 9.0.5 running on my ubuntu 20.04 server. Has anyone tried to upgrade their server to 22.04?

I’m told that the process involves the following:

sudo apt install update-manager-core

check that the Upgrade Policy in /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades is “Prompt=normal” or “Prompt=lts”

Then run sudo do-release-upgrade

So, my question is: are there any issues that I need to know about before I start?
Thanks!

I forgot to mention that I am not using docker.

Hi, you’ll probably face a cffi issue, see this thread!

Thanks. But as I’m already running seafile-server 9.0.5 I should already have the correct cffi. Of course, I can always do a fresh install. It’s a home server, and not of critical importance.

OK. I’ve just discovered that it’s not possible to upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04 from 20.04 as Ubuntu 22.04.1 hasn’t been released yet. So, I’ll wait until 2022-08-04 and try again.

source: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1403616/22-04-lts-sudo-do-release-upgrade-does-not-work

Well, not really. That’s the trick.
Don’t know if it will still be useful in august, but at least you’ll know it. The provided cffi version can’t run on python 3.10 which is 22.04 default. Thus there is a small update to do.

You can force the upgrade if needed.

Thanks. I’ll wait until August, and get some feedback from others who have tried it!

Works without issue. Just need to reinstall few phyton modules as described in the other thread.

1 Like