Using Seafile without Seahub or other webserver

Hello,
is it possibel to use Seafile without starting seahub, so without any webserver, just using the client?
Using only encrypted libraries I would think this is safe without having the trouble of setting up ssl connection.

Sorry but this makes absolutely no sense, almost any operating system supports encryption out of the box, there is no need for an additional software. But maybe you are looking for something like that: Boxcryptor

I think you missunderstood me. I want the normal seafile usage (backup in cloud, sharing and syncing with other users). I just don’t want the web-interface accessibel due to securiy reasons.

I think that will work.
Have you tried it?

I would advise against a setup without TLS encryption. As far as I know, encrypted libraries still leak metadata, such as directory structures, file names and change history.

When I try to access Port 8082 instead of 8000 in the client, it fails to connect. So is seahub also necessary for connection with client only? Is there another way to disable the web server?

I’m aware that meta data, filestructure etc. is no encrypted with otherwise encrypted libraries, but for a temporary solution it would be good enough.

That’s the normal usage of seafile @Friday

When I try to access Port 8082 instead of 8000 in the client, it fails to connect. So is seahub also necessary for connection with client only? Is there another way to disable the web server?

That’s why you should run seafile in production environment with apache/nginx - there is no need to open additional ports.

Seahub provides the basic web api for Seafile, so, it’s required to start Seahub before you use Seafile.