Web UI completely broken in 6.2

Hi!
Due to a hardware failure I had to reinstall Seafile. I used version 6.2.2 and followed the installation procedure in the manual . However, in the new version the Web UI is completely broken:

I’m not aware of doing anything wrong, any ideas what’s going on?

1 Like

Check rights for seafile server folder.
If you using custom staffs like CSS then check right for folder seahub-data too.

Problem is that CSS not loading. This can be by wrong right.

Then, check that the nginx block for /media is on place.

Thanks for the replies. I don’t use nginx, I run seahub as standalone (gunicorn). I left the file rights untouched: they’re the same as they were inside the official tar.gz file.

Right now I tried changing user/group to root (since that’s what seahub runs at), but that didn’t improve anything.

Also, when I look at the generated HTML, the only reference to a CSS file is in the line

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/CACHE/css/395bd08ee509.css" type="text/css" />

That file (395bd...css) does not exist (and I cannot find it in $SEAHUB_DIR/media), either. Can I somehow create it (the pathname implies this comes from some sort of cache, which apparently doesn’t exist on my installation)???

media folder is under seahub subdir /haiwen/seafile-server-latest/seahub/media.

This is a listing of the seafile-server-latest/seahub/media folder: as you can see, rights should be alright, but there is no CACHE folder (which is what is linked in the HTML that seahub produces). I use no custom CSS whatsoever. I don’t know why the produced HTML links to css files in media/CACHE

root@server:/srv/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seahub/media# ls -ahl total 40K drwxrwxr-x 10 root root 4.0K Oct 8 11:45 . drwxrwxr-x 12 root root 4.0K Sep 25 10:31 .. drwxrwxr-x 5 root root 4.0K Sep 25 10:31 assets lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 Oct 8 11:45 avatars -> ../../../seahub-data/avatars drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 4.0K Sep 25 10:31 codemirror drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 4.0K Sep 25 10:31 cors drwxrwxr-x 5 root root 4.0K Sep 25 10:31 css drwxrwxr-x 5 root root 4.0K Sep 25 10:31 img drwxrwxr-x 5 root root 4.0K Sep 25 10:31 js drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 4.0K Sep 25 10:31 office-template drwxrwxr-x 5 root root 4.0K Sep 25 10:31 rest_framework

the seahub-process runs as root, so it should be able to access all files.

I figured it out now! Apparently, I needed to delete the seahub cache in /tmp/seahub_cache . After doing that and restarting the seahub process, everything runs nicely :slight_smile:

If you use memcached ==> systemctl restart memcached