Webinterface broken after upgrading from 6.1 to 6.2?..

Hello,

I am running Seafile behind an Apache web server (2.4.10) and use memcached (1.4.21) for caching.
When opening the web interface, the contents of the media directory cannot be accessed (404) so CSS files, JS files, images etc. are not loaded and the web interface looks completely broken.

I know I am not the first one to experience this problem, but the documented solutions did not work for me.

My media directory is /etc/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seahub/media .

File permissions --> media directory owner is set to www-data (which is the user that runs the apache2 process) and permissions are set to 755 :white_check_mark:
Cache --> reset memcached manually and by restarting the memcached service :white_check_mark:
Apache configuration:

Alias /media /etc/seafile/seafile-server-latest/seahub/media
<Location /media>
    Require all granted
</Location>

should be ok :white_check_mark:

Seahub configuration (which I did not touch):

MEDIA_URL = '/media/'

Here’s an example line from the Apache error log:

my_source_ip - - [27/Oct/2017:14:35:35 +0200] "GET /media/img/seafile-logo.png HTTP/1.1" 404 8866 "https://seafile.mydomain.tld/accounts/login/?next=/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3163.79 Safari/537.36"

And here’s the error in the /etc/seafile/logs/seahub_django_request.log :

2017-10-27 12:35:35,203 [WARNING] django.request:170 get_response Not Found: /media/img/seafile-logo.png

Since I don’t see obvious configuration or file permission issues, I am running out of ideas on how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks
iosman

Hey iosman123,

let’s try to figure out what is not working. It could be apache, it could be seahub or even memcache…

could you please post the output of a “netstat -tulpn”. Is there an entry that looks like 127.0.0.1:8000 of 0.0.0.0:8000?

If there is such an entry seahub please try:
curl http://127.0.0.1:8000/api2/ping/
(don’t forget the / at the end). The result should be a “pong”.
If that is the case seahub is running and there is something wrong with your apache.

If there is no such entry, seahub is not started or it is not listening on port 8000. Check the /conf/gunicorn.conf.

Best regards
Christoph