Webinterface doesn't work after upgrade to 6.0.x

After upgrading from 5.1.4 to 6.0.2 the Webinterface stopped working. In Chrome I get basically no interface at all.

In Firefox after logging in I get to see some user interface, but no libraries load. The Usermenu works as well, but the place were the user quota is shown has a red error message (network error).

The clients (iOS and desktop) work.

Downgrading to 5.1.4 works without problems.

Here’s the django log: http://pastebin.com/raw/0BVgx8bP

Any hints? This is the first time I have problems upgrading (since v2).

Have you tried to reboot the server? In my case, I applied a minor upgrade (from 6.0.2 to 6.0.3) and I got such type of error. My logs point me out to another kind of errors. Don’t ask why.

Yes. I did reboot the server. Made no difference unfortunately.

The log shows a weird error. What Linux distro and version do you use?

@daniel.pan that’s Ubuntu 14.04 64bit with seahub configured to run through nginx.

I only get these errors when I open Seahub with Firefox. With Chrome no errors get registered and the log stays empty.

Have you tried a force refresh of the page in your chrome? http://superuser.com/questions/220179/how-can-i-do-a-cache-refresh-in-google-chrome

@lins05 I have tried with a completely fresh user directory.

It probably has to do with file ownership. Check the logs for errors, specially logs/seafile.log

seaf-server.c(777): Failed to fopen() pidfile /home/seafile/pids/seaf-server.pid: Permission denied
seaf-server.c(1007): Failed to write pidfile

Check the permissions and ownership and fix it with ‘chown’ and ‘chmod’ commands.

I had same problem. When update from 5.0 to 5.1 (and so on) you need to add urllib3 to the Python.

Note: when upgrade from 5.1.3 or lower version to 5.1.4+, you need to
install python-urllib3 (or python2-urllib3 for Arch Linux) manually:

(from changelog)

I updated from 5.0 to 5.1 and then to 6.0.

@Xotaerre thanks for the info. Unfortunately I already had that installed, so no fix for me. I haven’t tried to upgrade again. Might try again soon.