What Are Officially Supported Versions of MariaDB/MySQL?

Hello,

Can development please share the supported versions of MariaDB/MySQL? I know the example docker-compose.yml file users MariaDB 10.1; are new versions supported?

There are forum posts of people using newer versions like 10.2 and 10.3, but I would be more comfortable with a response from the product team of what versions have been tested and officially supported.

Thanks!
Ray

I am running Seafile 7.1.5 with MariaDB 10.5.8 without issues. I think any 10.x is fine.

Thanks @Manuel,

Can someone from Seafile confirm this?

Thanks
Ray

Hello,

Just bumping this up; would greatly appreciate a response from Seafile on the officially supported DB versions.

Thanks!
Ray

Bump,

I do not believe this is an unreasonable ask. Please provide the officially supported DBs and versions.

Ray

@daniel.pan any insights?

Could the response to this request be added to the compatability table at https://cloud.seatable.io/dtable/external-links/a85d4221e41344c19566/?tid=0000&vid=0000

We don’t test on the compatibility with MySQL/MariaDB.

MySQL and MariaDB are both very mature and stable software. So recent versions should all work with Seafile.

1 Like

Thanks @daniel.pan, I appreciate the response. However, I do have concerns about this since DBs do change over time. I understand it can be a lot of work to validate different versions, but changes can break installations if the changes are not compatible with the application.

Case in point MySQL version 8:

Personally, I’m in no rush to move to new versions of software just because it’s new. I would prefer stability and can wait to update my DB versions. I think it would be helpful if you can share what DB versions Seafile’s implementation of it’s own software use for testing the application itself; this would be a valid guide for us users.

I hope you will consider this, thank you for your attention.
Ray

2 Likes