Add file search in seafile community edition

Can we please have basic file search added to the web gui in the open source version? Don’t need full text content search capabilities, but it would be really nice to at least be able to search by file name in each library on the web. This is a pretty basic feature that I think is sorely missing.

Open to everybody’s thoughts on this. Chime in!

Feature request added in Github: https://github.com/haiwen/seafile-server/issues/130

15 Likes

A well working file name search is even missing in the pro edition. Could be a good idea do develop one and integrate it into both.

8 Likes

Let’s push this. Basic search is missed by almost all users I support.

4 Likes

One thing that’s confused me, is in the new version of Seafile client, the Cloud File Browser has a search bar at the top! But when you try and use it it says failed to get files information… Like they’re mocking us with it :grin:

1 Like

Does the server have the professional edition installed?

No it does not, which is why I’m confused of why it shows the search bar in the community version at all

It’s a bug.

Guessed so, was a small hope there might be some sort of file name search implemented

They don’t understand other concepts on how to gain more customers I guess.
They may do fine but could do better.

1 Like

Bumping back to the top. This needs to stay active until we get a yay or nay from the developers :slight_smile:

If you want this feature, speak up in here!

2 Likes

Simple file search would be great!

:thumbsup:

Here’s to hoping with the multiple file search changes in pro that were just released, the next version of Community will have file search in it!

1 Like

So you speak code? :smiley:

@arjones85 :grinning:

No, it was in the changelog

It’s been a bit since this was at the top so everyone can see. Time to bump it again.

We still want file search in seahub! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@daniel.pan

Can we please get an official response on if this is going to be planned or not? This would be a great feature to add!

1 Like

I’m sorry we don’t have a plan to add file search to CE recently.

2 Likes

Downvote. This is sad.

Basic filesearch could at least be implemented to assist users in using Seafile properly.
Right now one has to remember where the required files are stored, which makes Seafile unflexible and people may choose other solutions for they have basic file search…

6 Likes