Add navigation pane entry on the Windows Explorer for the "wktree"

Some private cloud services like MEGA and Sync let you add an entry to the windows explorer navigation pane for easy/quick access to the synchronized folders when installing their desktop clients. Could this be implemented on the future? Like this:

I did this using a python script that does basically this (but wraps the keys into a class):

reg add HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{{guid}} /ve /t REG_SZ /d "{name}" /f
reg add HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{{guid}}\DefaultIcon /ve /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d {icon} /f
reg add HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{{guid}} /v System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree /t REG_DWORD /d 0x1 /f 
reg add HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{{guid}} /v SortOrderIndex /t REG_DWORD /d 0x42 /f
reg add HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{{guid}}\InProcServer32 /ve /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d %%systemroot%%\system32\shell32.dll /f
reg add HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{{guid}}\Instance /v CLSID /t REG_SZ /d {0E5AAE11-A475-4c5b-AB00-C66DE400274E} /f
reg add HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{{guid}}\Instance\InitPropertyBag /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0x11 /f
reg add HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{{guid}}\Instance\InitPropertyBag /v TargetFolderPath /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "{folder}" /f
reg add HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{{guid}}\ShellFolder /v FolderValueFlags /t REG_DWORD /d 0x28 /f
reg add HKCU\Software\Classes\CLSID\{{guid}}\ShellFolder /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0xF080004D /f
reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{{guid}} /ve /t REG_SZ /d "{name}" /f
reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel /v {{guid}} /t REG_DWORD /d 0x1 /f

Replace {guid} by any unique uuid, {name} with ā€œSeafileā€, {icon} by "C:\Program Files (x86)\Seafile\bin\seafile-applet.exe,-2" and {folder} by the folder where you have your local libraries (or ā€œwktreeā€ as defined on config.db).

3 Likes

This is already possible on initial setup.

1 Like

How do you do it?

There is a dialog where one can enable the virtual drive. Afaik it is only shown once on first setup and there is also no option to disable / enable it afterwards.

The ā€œvirtual driveā€ is a shortcut to only one library and lives inside of ā€œThis PCā€. I am talking about a navigation pane entry, like shown in the picture.

1 Like

What about using the Drive-Letter S:\ that is used with seadrive or give Seadrive the option to be shown only as this?

The Integrate a Cloud Storage Provider article on MSDN explains how to set this up.

After reading the article I immediately wanted to make a feature request :slight_smile:
Then I stumbled on this thread. Do you still have the python script?
A easy to use script would be very nice for all the people who are not very familiar with windows.

Download the bat file and run it, you will get errors if you run it from an interactive session.

2 Likes

Thank you, can you make a pull request for this? I really think it should be included in the client.
Onedrive, Dropbox and Nextcloud all have this feature. (Even though they are inferior compared to Seafile :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

The provided script worked perfectly for me, thanks (please note you might have to change the ā€˜folderā€™ variable to your seafile location).

Would be great if this were added for default install! (I use non-virtual disk)
Seems simple enough to add.