After going through most of the API, I encountered some issues and stumbled onto features that would be a great addition to seafile. This post is the conclusion of my experience here:
- Directory listing should have a field
starredfor files, at the moment that information is missing (is confirmed to be fixed)
- Add the possibility to get the permission (r or rw) of a specific folder, at the moment only the permission of the library is exposed.
- Please expose the notifications that are already visible in seahub (this one is important for me)
- Please expose browsable snaphots (a solution would be to be able to provide a
commit_idto the directory listing endpoint). At the moment it seems to be impossible to get this information via the api.
- The File history is not accessible via the api for files that are read-only, although the same information is viewable is seahub
- Please expose access log of a file via the api (at least I couldn’t find it)
- Getting an OWA link seems to always return ‘path invalid’ although the path is valid (this one is important to me as it stands between a system with an online office feature or none at all, where the latter is disappointing)
- Starred / Search results should return whether the library the file is in is encrypted or not (this allows to include download links on these result pages for unencrypted files)
- It would be greateif the directory listing allows multiple pages instead of all files, 1000 files in a table is not much fun in a browser.
For further details on these if they are unclear I kindly request you to read the thread menitioned above, every item is represented in a post there.
Congratulations on creating Seafile, so far my experience is extremely good and a true replacement for other well-known services. I really hope the above suggestions are implemented.