Change storage path

Now the installation does not ask for a path to store files. The seafile.ini file is no longer supported as I understand it. All my files are now stored in /opt/seafile/seafile-data. I need /mnt/usbstorage/seafile. How can I change the storage path, tried a symbolic link for some reason, it does not work. I understand that the path through the link is correct, apparently I am creating it incorrectly. Tell me how to type the command correctly for my case.

ln -s /mnt/usbstorage/seafile /opt/seafile/seafile-data

/mnt/usbstorage/seafile needs to exist as it’s the directory you’re symlinking, on the other hand, /opt/seafile/seafile-data cannot exist beforehand. Remember to backup the files (unless you’re setting up a new server) and shut down the seafile process before.

Thank you squirrel. The following procedure worked for my situation. Maybe someone will come in handy.

service seafile stop
service seahub stop
rm -r /opt/seafile/seafile-data
ln -s /mnt/usbstorage/seafile /opt/seafile/seafile-data
service seafile start
service seahub start

Be careful I did this for a fresh installation of Seafile! The seafile-data directory does not contain my personal files!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:
Please mark the thread as solved.

My directory (/opt/seafile-data/seafile/seafile-data) looks a bit different. Which folder should be symlink?. I tried to symlink my directory above but it didn’t work… I wonder if the steps for a docker installation are different or if I have to symlink the whole parent folder (/opt/seafile-data/)?

Is there any way to symlink or specify a different directory for data during install?

SOLVED. Just did a normal symlink after install. Minor issue.