Clients won't connect after accidental shutdown Seafile Server

Hi There,

I have been searching for a solution to get my Seafile Server back in business after my electrician accidently cut my Server off from power.

I did run the Terminal again and ran the ./seafile.sh and the ./seahub.sh commands but the clients didn’t reconnect with the server after this

This is what I did:

Started ./seafile.sh
Started ./seahub.sh
Checked the router port forward settings

Clearly I am missing something. Can anyone help me to get this server running again?

Hi,

seafile.sh and seahub.sh don’t show any problems when starting?
You said you’re unable to connect using the clients - does the web interface work?
Can you connect to your server over ssh or did you enter the commands locally? (Maybe, some networking component is fried?)

using a webserver as proxy? apache/nginx running?

seafile.sh I could start normally, but seahub.sh asked for an email account with password which I provided. I suppose this is normal?

I did enter the commands locally. This is Seafile server running in a docker and the server which it runs on is operating within normal parameters.

The following page is showing when browsing to the webfront :8000

# 502 Bad Gateway

nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)

after I gave the command: /etc/init.d/nginx restart

After I restarted mysql and nginx at the terminal everything was functioning normally…

Solved. Thank you. I forgot to restart the database and webserver. A little less nooby now :wink: