Failed to index file (seafile 9.0.16 with seafile-client 9.0.2-1)

Hello, I started having “Failed to index file” errors while syncing a specific library, after removing all the files from that directory in my desktop and unzip a backup to the same directory. I do this every week (from a not internet connected computer to this one), so this is a new error.
No large files. Markdown and some pdf, images, spreadsheets.

I’m in seafile 9.0.16 with seafile-client 9.0.2-1 in Arch Linux.

Any light on the problem or how to stop the notification? I’m getting them non stop.
Or to redo the index (?). I don’t understand if the index is local or in the server, being that I have no elastic search configured (disabled search).

3 Likes

I’m thinking that the problem is with filenames with characters like ã or à.

But I always add these. This server has been up for some years now. I believe is in the seafile-client (?).

I think I have the same problem (Ubuntu 23.04, Client 9.0.2, Server Version 7.1.18). It might have something to do with special characters in the path (not only the filename). The problem only started occuring after updating the client.

The logs show (anonymized):

[05/17/23 10:23:48] cdc.c(239): CDC: failed to open /home/user/Dokumente/Promotion/Promotion/Projekte/folder name/Mündigkeit/Paper/muendig.pdf.
[05/17/23 10:23:48] ../common/fs-mgr.c(906): Failed to chunk file with CDC.
[05/17/23 10:23:48] repo-mgr.c(1489): Failed to index file /home/user/Dokumente/Promotion/Promotion/Projekte/folder name/Mündigkeit/Paper/muendig.pdf.
[05/17/23 10:23:48] cdc.c(239): CDC: failed to open /home/user/Dokumente/Promotion/Promotion/Projekte/folder name/Mündigkeit/Paper/muendig.pdf.
[05/17/23 10:23:48] ../common/fs-mgr.c(906): Failed to chunk file with CDC.
[05/17/23 10:23:48] repo-mgr.c(1489): Failed to index file /home/user/Dokumente/Promotion/Promotion/Projekte/folder name/Mündigkeit/Paper/muendig.pdf.

I re-created the library. Same issue.

Very frustrating because it happens every time I restart…

Same here. Happens with German umlauts (ö,ü,ä). Files have been there with umlauts for years working before on any Seafile client. Seafile client 9.0.1 was working fine. (Arch Linux, 9.0.2, Server: CE 10.0.1)

1 Like

maybe this commit has broken the linux clients?

was actually intended as a fix for macos.
But the else of a “if windows” is beside macos also linux :slight_smile:

I’m having the same problem. Debian 11 client 9.0.2 & server 10.0.1. I’m also getting errors with the Seadrive Client 10.0.22.
I’m not using special characters. I’ve also tried splitting up the larger libraries into smaller ones, but that hasn’t helped.

Fix seems on the way:

1 Like

Resolved with the fix.

1 Like

I noticed that there was an update to the seafile client this morning. It seems to have fixed the problem.

Same Issue here: seafile-client 9.0.2-1 in Arch Linux.
The fix: https://github.com/haiwen/seafile/pull/2676 seems to be an server fix. But it looks like this is an client issue, isn’t it?
In which client / server version on linux this bug will be fixed? there is an update to 9.0.2-1: Update linux version to 9.0.2-1 - Update linux version to 9.0.2-1 · haiwen/seafile@f3b2eb7 · GitHub but 9.0.2-1 is the buggy version…

The seafile repository is also used for the client build.

Thanks a lot! And in which version is the Fix integrated? 9.0.2-1 is old i think

should be in arch aur now: seafile-client 9.0.2-2 - AUR (en) - seafile-client
depends on seafile-client-9.0.2-1.tar.gz. apparently versioning seafile-client in aur is different.