Favicon.ico / only default is showing

Hello,

at first my issue here is only cosmetic, but if you don’t know why is still in my head :sleepy:

I update the seafile (CE) server from 8 version to latest 9.0.2 - as always without problems. If I open the login page, the default origin favicon from seafile will be display, but I use customized favicion logo. I try to update the favicon.ico over the web gui and also override over linux console (seahub-data/custom/favicon.ico) without success.

Browser cache was complete deleted and I try with differnt kind of browser - still same result.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.
Oli

We will check the problem

Same problem here after upgrading to 9.0.2.
Any ideas what’s causing this?
I also tried to update the setting via webgui and seahub_settings file in nano, but nothing helped.
Still the default favicon, although the custom icon is in the custom folder.
Custom logo works without any issues.
Thanks!!

The favicon image file name is changed in version 9.0. We will update the document about how to change favicon accordingly after 9.0.3 is released.

Great, thank you!

I still have got the same problem in CE 9.0.2 and can’t find any solution within the manuals. In the meanwhile 9.0.5 is released.
Any ideas?
BR Olei

Uploading a png file (512x512) named favicon.png works for me.

Does your seafile login webpage shows the favicon in the upper left corner of the browser tab?
What seafile server version are you running?
BR Olei
favi

It’s shown both in the settings page and on the browser tab.

9.0.5 Pro

Edit: Just tested again using the Github favicon.

Amazing…!
I am running 9.0.2 CE and the favicon does not show up. Maybe I have to update to 9.0.5.
Did you do something special to get it displayed?

I refreshed the page without cache (Ctrl + F5).

Seafile saves the image as seahub-data/custom/favicon.ico. Do you have that file?

I have a favicon.ico as well as a favicon.png. I changed the name of the file and the path within the seahub_settings.py, I tried really everything but without success. :unamused: