Finder Extension using both SeaDrive + SeaFile clients

Hello all,

It seems to me that having both seadrive and seafile clients in same laptop (yes, this has sense if you want to have a full copy of some libraries in an external, mac formated, drive), Finder extension added icons only works for one of them, seadrive in my case.
Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks

Both extensions works together on my Mac. I’m running macOS 11.2.

Sorry, are you using 7.0.10 or beta 8.0.0 version? I’m using latest 8 beta

I’m also using 8.0.2 version. Have you tried to disable extension and then re-enable it in Seafile settings?

Right now I’m trying 7.0.10, same hapens.
In any case, the first full library sync (~0.5Tb of files) has not finalised yet (I’m also trying to guess why it’s taken so much time) so may be this is the problem.
Tried disable -> re-enable with no luck.

I’ve two problems right now with the sync client. One (the minor) is the finder extension, that did not work but this may be related to second one, which is that it doesn’t manage to synchronise the entire library. I’ve left the app running for more than one day and it starts downloading files, eventually reaching the expected transfer for my connection speed (300Mb Home, 1Gb Server), but just during bursts of time and without being able to sustain it, which results in an average transfer rate of few kb. I can see the GET commands in the seafhttp log, but they came slowly.

I am much more concerned about this second issue, as I’m not really being able to fully download 2 libraries with a total of less than 1Tb, just a few GBs. According actual progress it would need some weeks to fully download that, which is far from useable. I’ve low CPU, memory and I/O useage, Do you know how to debug what would be happening? (nginx(SSL)->seafile installation)

Do you have large number of small files in that library?

Yes, a lot. It’s a combination of many small and some quite big.

I was able to narrow my issue a bit, ruling out seafile-server / nginx problems, as i’m able to download really fast (~99MB/s) from a seafile-client in linux server (with HDDs not SSDs) in same Gb lan.

From my macos laptop (100MB or 300MB connections), Seadrive in SSD goes also really fast, being the limit the bandwidth. In nginx log, fast continuous requests can be seen. On the other side, Seafile client uses an usb-c sata HDD with speeds higher than 100MB/s and HFS+ format. Here is where download is so slow, even in nginx log it can be seen that slowness in requests, going slowly one by one, and with download file list taking a lot of time and repeating continuously.

That way, the bottleneck seemed to me to be related to that usb-c HDD, but if I make a full download of library in the same Gb lan linux server, and then, in laptop, I use rsync or resilio sync to move that library files from the server to the macos laptop usb-c HDD, things are fast again, with home bandwidth being the limit. So, there is some combination of things here that make seafile sync unable to sync in a reasonable amount of time, as it stays a lot of time with minimal network transmission

The reason could be the Seafile metadata layout on disk. The client has to access the metadata files with random id as names frequently. On an HDD, depending on how much cache the OS uses, it could be slow or fast.

1 Like