Frequent Seafile logins required since docker upgrade (after version 10.0.4)

Since upgrading to Docker version 1.0.0.4, I’ve been prompted to authenticate and log in to Seafile more frequently than before. Sometimes I need to log in 3-4 times a week, which includes two-factor authentication.
This is happening on the same PC, and I’ve selected the option to remember this device for 90 days. I would expect not to have to log in again within that timeframe. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

The issue you’re facing with frequent authentication prompts and having to log in multiple times a week, even after selecting the “remember this device” option, could be caused by various factors. Here are some potential reasons and troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Cookie Management: Docker containers may not be properly handling or persisting the authentication cookies issued by Seafile. Try checking your cookie settings in your web browser and clearing the cookies for the Seafile website. This may force the authentication process to start fresh and potentially resolve the issue.

• Session Management: Depending on how Seafile handles user sessions, there might be an issue with session management or expiration. Check if there are any configuration options related to session timeout or expiration in your Seafile setup, and adjust them if necessary.

• Networking and Proxy Issues: If you’re accessing Seafile through a proxy or if there are any networking issues, it could potentially interfere with the authentication process. Try accessing Seafile directly without going through a proxy, or check for any networking-related configurations that might be causing problems.

• Browser Cache and Incognito Mode: Try clearing your web browser’s cache and cookies, or access Seafile in an incognito/private browsing mode to see if the issue persists. This can help eliminate potential caching or browser-related issues.

• Docker Configuration: Ensure that your Docker configuration is correct, and there are no issues related to container networking, volumes, or persistent data storage that could be affecting the authentication process.

• Seafile Logs: Check the Seafile logs for any relevant error messages or clues that might help identify the root cause of the frequent authentication prompts.

• Seafile Support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may want to reach out to the Seafile support team or community for further assistance. They might have encountered similar issues before and can provide more specific guidance based on your setup and configuration.

It’s important to note that frequent authentication prompts can be a security concern, as it increases the risk of potential attacks or unauthorized access. If you’re unable to resolve the issue, it’s recommended to investigate the cause thoroughly or consider alternative solutions that provide a more stable and secure authentication experience.