How to reclaim disk space after deleting a library

I am running the self-hosted community edition of Seafile, and my server is running out of disk space, so I decided to delete a large 200GB library that is no longer needed.

From the web interface, I first deleted the library as a normal user, and then deleted it from Trash as system admin. Disk space usage was unchanged.

I then stopped seahub and seafile and ran garbage collection (seaf-gc.sh), giving it the library’s ID as argument. It returned almost immediately, and had no effect on disk space usage. Is that because the library no longer exists in the Seafile database?

What should I do to reclaim disk space? Can I directly delete the seafile/seafile-data/storage/blocks/<id> directory from the command line (substituting the library id for <id>, of course)?

What is the intended procedure to delete a library and reclaim disk space?

This is the intended behavior.

The library is still in the database, just a different table than you may expect.

I recommend the Seafile manual: Seafile GC - Seafile Admin Manual

How about running seaf-gc.sh without an ID as argument?

As far as I can gather from the Seafile manual, running seaf-gc.sh with the library id as argument should reclaim the disk space. It appears it doesn’t.

Running it without an ID takes very long (total of all libraries is >1TB), and as I have the community edition, Seafile has to be shut down during that time, so I was hoping to avoid that. I guess that is not possible.