Ignore/Exclude Files

Hi All,

so I thought since seafile is based on a git mechanism i would be able to simply put the content of this:

into the seafile-ignore.txt

yet it doesn’t work.

Configuring this global on the server would even be more cooler.

Michael

I found this thread since I want to do the same thing. I at first wasn’t finding it to be working, but I took a look my structure and determined what I needed was this and it seems to be working:

Here’s what I have:

# Visual Studio build
*/bin
*/obj
*/bin/*
*/obj/*
*/.vs
*/.vs/*
*/*.csproj.user

The only thing I think would be nice is if you could force a delete of all things now excluded from the sync path, in order to clear things up.

I was in the same situation. But I was trying to use the wrong tool for the job. When working with source code you should consider git github oder ms Azure gut hosting.

I didn’t want to here this back then, but now I know better and use git for all my source code and that’s how it’s meant to be.
Be wise and use git.

The only drawback is that you have to commit and push your stuff before switching a Maschine.

Seafile syncs for you, but I’m sure you will get used to it.
You don’t need branching if your working alone. Just commit and push to master and pull on the other machine.

When you want to try something you can make a branch if you are comfortable with the basics