Install Seafile Client 8.0.1 missing DLL

Hi There,

i’m trying to install Seafile Client 8.0.1 on Windows Server 2012 R2 and get a DLL Missing error.

On Windows 10 there is no Problem. Is there something i need?

bye
Andre

okay, solved it myself. I needed the newest VC runtimes. Now it won’t start, but thats maybe because he needed an reboot which i didn’t do. I’m checking it this evening.

i can’t get 8.0.1 to run on Windows Server 2012 R2. It crashes directly after start. VC runtimes are installed (both, x64 and x86), Windows has all updates installed.

Now i have 2 problems.
First: 8.0.1 doesn’t run
Second: because of the new encryption, i cant sync the Libraries with my main file server, because i only have client v7.

Now my two questions: any ideas how i can get 8.0.1 to run? And/Or, can i create encrypted v3 Libraries on Server Version 8?

i can now confirm that Seafile Client 8.0.1 does not run on

• Windows 7
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 8.1
  • Windows Server 2012 R2

I tested it on every system. Fresh Install with all Updates.

Windows 7 is already out of support. We’ll check Windows 8 and Windows server 2012.

Thank You!

Maybe, you should Announce something like this. Just because MS dropped their support, doesn’t mean other Application have also to do this. Also, on your Download Page you state that Windows 7 is still Supported from you.

This is no problem for me, but i have some users wo still use Windows 7 privat. So that we can tell them, that this will happen.

Just as an update. Client 8.0.2 did not fix the Issue

Sorry but we have decided to only support Windows 10 (and Windows server 2016) for 8.x clients.

What a terrible move, for a paid Software, without any notice or warning. Now i have multiple Server which won’t sync anymore, due to the new encryption method. That … is something.

Is there any posible way to create old style libraries?

1 Like

For anyone, having the same problem. I found this in the Dokumentation which should help. Sadly for me it is to late as i upgraded my servers.

I don’t know if this would have helped … but i think so.