Internal Server Error after upgrade from 6.2.5 to 6.3.2

Yes. that’s outdated. Can show you show me the output of uname -a?

As for the result of the Linux command: Linux RPi 4.1.19+ #858 Tue Mar 15 15:52:03 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

Also outdated!?

The Raspberry is still running with Wheezy.

Wheezy isn’t even LTS anymore. You have to dist-upgrade. I don’t know if this is also possible by using sudo rpi-update? But before please make a backup.

Ok, I assumed that. Wanted to upgrade to Jessie sometime ago already, but people meant that it’s not necessary. Will update my backup and try to do so, but expect a lot more errors then. :confused:

“Stretch” is the latest release/distribution though?

You have to upgrade to stretch, that’s the latest. https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/raspbian/updating.md

If you want to know how long a Debian version is supported, you should look here:
https://www.debian.org/News/weekly/

https://planet.debian.org/

Thanks for the support so far. Will check that!

But is there any chance to get Seafile back running in the meantime? Especially the sync feature between my clients.

Use backup of seafile

Ok, error for 6.2.5 is fixed! sudo ./seaf-gc.sh did the job!
The first run showed an error concerning full database or disk. The second run was error free. Now sync is working again!

But that’s just for 6.2.5 now.

Tried again this morning with a running 6.2.5. As soon as I perform an upgrade to 6.3.2 (upgrade_6.2_6.3.sh) the script says that there’s a duplicate column name: parent_group_id .
When I then simply run the “minor_upgrade” script to make “seafile-server-latest” point to the 6.3.2 I cannot sync anymore and Seahub doesn’t show anything.

So I reverted everything back to 6.2.5 so I’m at least able to continue work.

But you shouldn’t wait with upgrading the os. Debian 7 is now completely out of support and won’t get any updates, so you’ll have security issues.

I’ll buy a 2nd Micro SD-Card today and will install Scratch from scratch, followed by all other running applications. It’s annoying to fumble around getting everything up and running again, like network shares (Debian <=> Windows), external Hard drives, Seafile and it’s external storage device, Fail2Ban, and so on. :confused: But well: at least I’m up to date afterwards and ready for upcoming Seafile upgrades.

Don’t waste time doing it this stupid way! Clone the SD Card, and use the link I provided. That’s much faster and the normal way.

1 Like

Ok, I did as suggested and upgraded to Jessie in the first step, followed by an upgrade to Stretch. Seafile is running fine now with the current installation of 6.2.5.
But when trying to upgrade to 6.3.2 I get the error message: “updating seahub database…
sqlite.OperationalError: duplicate column nam: parent_group_id. Failed to upgrade your database.”

Do I have to manually delete this column from the database and will this work without breaking the installation? As far as I read deleting or renaming of columns in SQLite isn’t possible.

Have you considered abandoning a straight seafile install and instead just using the Docker image? Your life may be made much easier doing that, the hard part of installation will be already taken care of for you: https://github.com/haiwen/seafile-docker

Hmm…that’s an idead. I was already looking for a something simular comparable to “OSMC” which brings the Linux environment and the application in a whole. The Docker solutions seems to be nice. Would then have to go through the Docker commands and it’s handling and will have to weigh up what causes more work - now and in the future.

Don’t do that!!!

Even there is docker for ARM (RasPi is an ARM Computer), there is no seafile image for it.

Edit: @arjones85 please remove your post.

Hello,

You can comment the line at the beginning in seafile-server-6.3.4/upgrade/sql/6.3.0/sqlite3/ccnet/groupmgr.sql

alter table Group add column parent_group_id INTEGER default 0;

https://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_comments.asp

Hi rasmu, and thanks for your reply.
I did that and now get further errors pointing to db_update_helper.py:

[INFO] updating seahub database…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py”, line 384, in
main()
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py”, line 379, in main
db_updater.update_db()
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py”, line 275, in update_db
super(SQLiteDBUpdater, self).update_db()
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py”, line 129, in update_db
self.update_seahub_sql(seahub_sql)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py”, line 299, in update_seahub_sql
self.apply_sqls(self.seahub_db, sql_path)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.4/upgrade/db_update_helper.py”, line 289, in apply_sqls
conn.execute(line)
sqlite3.OperationalError: duplicate column name: mimetype

How to proceed in this case?

Hello Niclas,

In /seafile/seafile-server-6.3.4/upgrade/sql/6.3.0/sqlite3/seahub.sql, you need to comment the last line :
ALTER TABLE “post_office_attachment” add column “mimetype” varchar(255);

If you have other SQL errors, you can search the column in sql directory like this :
grep -rnw ‘/home/pi/seafile/seafile-server-6.3.4/upgrade/sql/6.3.0/sqlite3/’ -e ‘mimetype’

1 Like