Newbie daft questions

Hey all,

I’m playing with Seafile for the first time today. I’m running it in Docker on Windows 10, and so far I’ve managed to get it working (although without HTTPS/SSL so far). I have a shared drive on windows that I use for hosting media and files for access around the house. I was hoping that Seafile would allow me to have a web front end for accessing and syncing to this existing shared drive. Having played around it doesn’t seem to work like that, and any files I upload from a client aren’t visible as normal files in Windows explorer on the server. It looks like Seafile uses some sort of alternative file storage system that Windows sees as gibberish (for want of a better word!).

If this is the case, is there a way I can make these shared files visible to the native file explorer on the server, or do I need to install the Seafile client on the server? I’m trying to minimise the number of things I have installed on the server, but it’s already getting a bit busy.

My next job is to enable HTTPS/SSL - I read in the setup instructions that all I need to do is set SEAFILE_SERVER_LETSENCRYPT to true and the software would do the rest for me, but that sounded too good to be true and it was. Is there a good guide to setting this up completely?

Finally, what’s the best way of making my Seafile setup resilient to disk or machine failures?

Thanks all!

K