Onlyoffice doesn't create new file version

I’m running seafile CE 6.2.5 on Ubuntu server and have only office deployed via subfolder as described in server manual. Everything seems to work fine, but when I edit an office document via webinterface the the version doesn’t get updated. The changes are saved to the file though. Since the version information is not updated the desktop client doesn’t recognize the changes and doesn’t update the local file.
Here is what I found in seahub_django_request.log:

2018-02-21 14:46:22,082 [ERROR] django.request:256 handle_uncaught_exception Internal Server Error: /seafile/onlyoffice/editor-callback/
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.2.5/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.18-py2.7.egg/django/core/handlers/base.py”, line 132, in get_response
response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.2.5/seahub/thirdpart/Django-1.8.18-py2.7.egg/django/views/decorators/csrf.py”, line 58, in wrapped_view
return view_func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/seafile/seafile-server-6.2.5/seahub/seahub/onlyoffice/views.py”, line 51, in onlyoffice_editor_callback
doc_info = json.loads(cache.get(“ONLYOFFICE_%s” % doc_key))
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/init.py”, line 339, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py”, line 364, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
TypeError: expected string or buffer

Any help would be much appriciated.

1 Like

Meanwhile I managed to pinpoint the error:
After disabling memchached in seahub_settings.py everything works as desired.
@daniel.pan: Is this a know error or restriction?

1 Like

I am also interested in an answer.

1 Like

Hi, this bug is fixed by 6.2.13 release

Thanks to the devs !

2 Likes

Hi, I experience exactly the same bug on 9.0.4 pro. Anyone else?

Are you seeing the problem with both the sync client and SeaDrive? What OS on the client?

For me the problem lies within the web interface. No clients involved (so far). It does not matter how often I edit the document online. No new versions are created, look here:

Is this the expected behavior?

That depends on your [FILE HISTORY] setting here: seafevents.conf - Seafile Admin Manual

Have a look in the library snapshots. If you see a new version there everytime you have edited a file in ONLYOFFICE, everything is fine.

Problem solved. I’ve missed the necessary seetings in seafevents.conf.
Thank you!